
Keely over at MannLand5 is at it again, compiling "Get To Know You" questions for us again! Check out her blog to play along, or just leave your comments and answers in my comments section - I want to get to know YOU better, my bloggy buddies!
1. Hair color..Au naturale..or not?
Do you really need to know if I'm naturally blonde? Have you read some of the silly stuff I write? And some of the mistakes I make? lol I am a natural blonde, but I've become darker after I had kids...why is that? (I don't really want to know, btw...) Anyhoo...I get highlights from my girlie friend and highly sought after stylist Shelly - who also happens to read this blog, so I thought I'd give her a plug - look her up at A la' Mode Salon!
2. If somebody has food in their teeth or lipstick on their teeth do you tell them?
Yes! I always appreciate it when my girlfriends or my hubby tells me (he ALWAYS tells me, because he's a good guy)! I have a spot between two teeth that just collects the food. I know, TMI...whatever! But, if say my hubby and I were taking one of his clients out to dinner and the client was a man - I'm not stupid! I wouldn't do it if the situation was inappropriate!
3. Would you rather have a million dollars or your vision of the perfect body?
Hmmm...Truthfully, I'd take the body. I'd have to be content with the body, though. I've been underweight, and overweight and every size in between and been discontent at every stage. I'd like to be content with the size I end up. The perfect body AND content - that's the deal, okay Magic Genie who gives me the body?
4. Favorite magazine?
I get a lot of magazines, but I love Writer's Digest. I keep it in the bathroom, for when I take baths, and my husband thinks it is the equivalent of studying for an English exam. He can't imagine why I'd want to pay for it. I just have to chuckle. It's absolutely inspiring and wonderful, though!
5. Bra style..lacey or plain?
Plain - everything else seems to be uncomfortable for me.
6. If you walked into Victoria's Secret..would you most likely come out with something sexy or comfy?
I would go with something that just fit. I'm not a horribly large woman - My jeans are size 8; I wear a medium. I just cannot fit into anything from Victoria's Secret for some reason. Why is that? I don't look like one of their models, that's for sure! I'd like to find something sexy AND comfortable...but if it were one or the other, I'd take comfy over sexy - as long as it looked nice. I was always the funny girl with the good personality who was the guy's best friend for life - not the sexy one who got the guy to fall head over heels in love with her and marry her for life.
7. Do you fake and bake?
I didn't know what this meant until I read Helga's answer! lol (Did you read my answer to #1? Yeah...blonde...) I got skin cancer when I was 24, 29 or 30, then again at 33. It first appeared after I had a love affair with tanning beds. I never EVER for any reason would go to a tanning salon, although I do love that feeling of warmth, and I love the look of being tan. I'm supposed to stay out of the sun...and, I just cannot do that. I do use 25SPF and higher on my face daily - more in the summer, and I take care to use sunscreen on my body in the summer, but we have a boat and go camping and I love the feel of warm summer days on my skin. I always have a tan in the summer, and my feet have a flip flop farmer's tan all year round because in the summer, that's all I wear. It's probably a good thing I live in Wisconsin, where we only have a good 5 months when we're not wearing sweatshirts and jackets 24/7.
8. What's your favorite body part on a man?
Mike has the best eyes and his smile is great, too - but, what first attracted me to him was his sense of humor, gentleness and integrity/Godly character...three things I could not seem to find in one guy ANYWHERE. I would take those things over any body part.
8 comments:
Like you, I'm naturally blonde and I burn easily in the sun. I'm terrified of skin cancer-- especially after years and years of lifeguarding outdoors. You definitely have a good cautionary tale for all us fair-skinned ladies!
~Elizabeth
Confessions From A Working Mom
I didn't understand #7 either...and I am not even close to a blonde...haha. I had to go back and ready Keely's answer to figure it out...I was thinking take and bake. ;)
My dad had skin cancer..So I do wear sunscreen in the summer..It's just so nice to have a tan when the weather's warm..ahhhh Summer..
Happy Sunday!!
Ooh ... you just reminded me how much I like Writer's Digest! I've never subscribed, BUT I used to check out issues at the library VERY regularly. I've gotten out of the habit of running to the library ... so there went Writer's Digest. Maybe, I'll have to go back sometime!!!
Yep, I am a fair-skinned gal as well. I have every anticipation that I will end up with skin cancer- all those summers of blistering burns. I would ignore my mother, do what I wanted, and then hurt for days. Smarter now, but forever afraid it's to little, to late.
Holy moly lady, I had no idea that you have had skin cancer! What a shocking thing to discover. Praise God that you've walked through it, though!
Your answers crack me up :) I think you and I are always going to be good friends!
I have gotten darker too after kids. I have like a strawberry blonde color but when I was little, it was like bleach blonde. Now I need serious highlights to lighten it up!!
1. Hair color..Au naturale..or not?
Well if you count covering the gray well then I'm hair color ~ although i do go to my natural color almost : )
2. If somebody has food in their teeth or lipstick on their teeth do you tell them?
You bet wouldn't want someone letting me walk around like that.
3. Would you rather have a million dollars or your vision of the perfect body?
Golly well iguess I'd rather have a million than I could hire a trainer to get me to the perfect Bod.
4. Favorite magazine? People
5. Bra style..lacey or plain? I'm a plain jane if I was skinny I might like a lacy sexy one
6. If you walked into Victoria's Secret..would you most likely come out with something sexy or comfy? Comfy
7. Do you fake and bake? I used to go just before my trip to Mexico to get alittle color befoe we left so I wouldn't fry but one year I started getting little moles and quit going there I'm just careful when we go now the first few days till I get some color
8. What's your favorite body part on a man?
Chest, eyes, When they have enough respect for you to make you feel like a lady. If you know what I mean
Post a Comment