At 3am, I heard a little BARK! BARK! at my bedroom door.
Angel has recently learned how to unzip her kennel, which she sleeps in. She "shares a room" with Aaron.
I love my dog - and she hasn't gotten up in the middle of the night since she was a LITTLE puppy. I did what any loving pet owner would do...well, what any TIRED, sane pet owner would do at 3am!!! I rolled over and went back to sleep! Papillons are kind of yippy...and although this was out of character for her to be up roaming the house at 3am, it was also out of character for me to be up at 3am!!!!
At 3:30, I could avoid her whining and frequent yips no longer. I got up, and crept out of bed so Mike wouldn't wake up. I angrily whispered to Angel "Kennel up! Bedtime!", to which she bolted to her kennel. I threw in a couple of treats for good measure. I crawled back to bed. No sooner had I snuggled in had I heard whining at my bedroom door. The stinker had unzipped her kennel. Again. Ugh. I could see where this was going. I got out of bed quietly - again. I went out. Angel was now jumping, excitedly - "Play with me!" she seemed to be saying...she was jumping up to my eyeballs - I'm not exaggerating. Usually it's cute. Let me tell you - this morning it was NOT! I figured that maybe she had to go out, and then I hoped this was not our new routine. Please let it not be our new routine. She is usually such a good little dog!
Then I saw it. Puddle on the rug by the door. Poor doggie had to go potty and she was trying to let me know. She slinked down, ears back, as soon as she saw it. It was like, "Oh, yeah, I did that naughty thing." Bridgette took her out early last night for her potty walk - too early. When I asked Bridge about it later, at breakfast, Bridgette told me that Angel didn't even go potty on the walk - which meant the poor dog hadn't gone since 3:30 the afternoon prior...awe, Honey!
I'd like to say that after I took her out - roaming the streets at 4am - she went in her kennel and was fast asleep, and we finished out the morning and awoke refreshed. But *yawn* I put her in her kennel, crawled in bed hoping to catch a few winks before our 5am alarm, and it wasn't two minutes before I heard whining at my bedroom door. De ja' vu. Mike sleepily said, "You can let her in our room." Oops. Guess I wasn't so sneaky-quiet, after all. She took a while to settle down, but she fell fast asleep on a pillow on my floor (a pillow sham...not one we actually sleep on!)...just in time for us to get warm and comfy and snuggle up...and hear the alarm go off. Sigh.
So, *yawn* at least I have a pretty fun-filled day planned today, that's not going to take any intense manual labor or rocket science decisions (and, if it does, I have friends I trust with me who can help me make sound ones...). I am on the road this morning, travelling a little over an hour to Eau Claire to meet with my SAMmy's, Inc. Retreat Committe. We have a really awesome retreat in April that we hold at the Embassy Suites in Bloomington, MN - Kami, I'll have to send you a few brochures - but, the committee and I have a work day to start making some of the favors. I wish I could tell you about them, because this committee is top-of-the-line creative and fun, but the favors and ideas are top secret. Next April I'll take pictures and post them, though. *Yawn* I hope you all have a great Friday!
Angel has recently learned how to unzip her kennel, which she sleeps in. She "shares a room" with Aaron.
I love my dog - and she hasn't gotten up in the middle of the night since she was a LITTLE puppy. I did what any loving pet owner would do...well, what any TIRED, sane pet owner would do at 3am!!! I rolled over and went back to sleep! Papillons are kind of yippy...and although this was out of character for her to be up roaming the house at 3am, it was also out of character for me to be up at 3am!!!!
At 3:30, I could avoid her whining and frequent yips no longer. I got up, and crept out of bed so Mike wouldn't wake up. I angrily whispered to Angel "Kennel up! Bedtime!", to which she bolted to her kennel. I threw in a couple of treats for good measure. I crawled back to bed. No sooner had I snuggled in had I heard whining at my bedroom door. The stinker had unzipped her kennel. Again. Ugh. I could see where this was going. I got out of bed quietly - again. I went out. Angel was now jumping, excitedly - "Play with me!" she seemed to be saying...she was jumping up to my eyeballs - I'm not exaggerating. Usually it's cute. Let me tell you - this morning it was NOT! I figured that maybe she had to go out, and then I hoped this was not our new routine. Please let it not be our new routine. She is usually such a good little dog!
Then I saw it. Puddle on the rug by the door. Poor doggie had to go potty and she was trying to let me know. She slinked down, ears back, as soon as she saw it. It was like, "Oh, yeah, I did that naughty thing." Bridgette took her out early last night for her potty walk - too early. When I asked Bridge about it later, at breakfast, Bridgette told me that Angel didn't even go potty on the walk - which meant the poor dog hadn't gone since 3:30 the afternoon prior...awe, Honey!
I'd like to say that after I took her out - roaming the streets at 4am - she went in her kennel and was fast asleep, and we finished out the morning and awoke refreshed. But *yawn* I put her in her kennel, crawled in bed hoping to catch a few winks before our 5am alarm, and it wasn't two minutes before I heard whining at my bedroom door. De ja' vu. Mike sleepily said, "You can let her in our room." Oops. Guess I wasn't so sneaky-quiet, after all. She took a while to settle down, but she fell fast asleep on a pillow on my floor (a pillow sham...not one we actually sleep on!)...just in time for us to get warm and comfy and snuggle up...and hear the alarm go off. Sigh.
So, *yawn* at least I have a pretty fun-filled day planned today, that's not going to take any intense manual labor or rocket science decisions (and, if it does, I have friends I trust with me who can help me make sound ones...). I am on the road this morning, travelling a little over an hour to Eau Claire to meet with my SAMmy's, Inc. Retreat Committe. We have a really awesome retreat in April that we hold at the Embassy Suites in Bloomington, MN - Kami, I'll have to send you a few brochures - but, the committee and I have a work day to start making some of the favors. I wish I could tell you about them, because this committee is top-of-the-line creative and fun, but the favors and ideas are top secret. Next April I'll take pictures and post them, though. *Yawn* I hope you all have a great Friday!
7 comments:
Definitely send me information! Sounds like something that I would love to be part of! :)
I know that wouldn't be the way I would want to start out my morning, but I also know that sometimes God allows stuff like this to happen for a reason. Keep a watchful eye on what He's teaching you through this!
Praying that you are having a fabulous, less than tired day. If you're crashing, head to a gas station and buy a "Five Hour Energy Drink". They're about $3 for a little 2oz bottle, but they're totally worth it! I use them on tired days and it boosts the energy and doesn't have the hard crash at the end!
Just a suggestion :)
Poor Angel, held it until she couldn't hold it any longer :o) I'm sorry that you weren't able to go back to sleep though...I have to agree with Kami, 5 hour energies work :o) Have a great Friday and drive carefully!!!
Thats happened a couple times around here, but it was all because we were ignoring her! Can't get mad if we were ignoring her though. But 3am...yuck!
Thanks for the tip!
Ooh ... I bet you enjoyed your meeting!!! That's a GREAT group of girlies!!! :-)
Awww...poor puppy!
Last night I was awoken at 1 a.m. by a crying child. He had rolled off his new mattress! Poor thing. I put him back to bed and went back to bed. But like you said, hard to sleep well again after getting up!
Cheers to your semi-relaxing day!
Yes, Kris Ann - I thought of you. HOpefully, you and Cathy are still doing the Challenge at the REtreat, right? WE talked about that. You should see all the top secret stuff we're doing...you will just be so impressed!
Post a Comment