Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Song Of The Day


Click on the icon above to play along!
What song do you always find yourself singing at the top of your lungs when you're in the car all by yourself?
This question makes me think of Taylor Swift's lyrics:
Our song is the slammin' screen door
sneaking out late
tapping on my window
When we're on the phone
and we talk real low
'Cuz it's late
and my Momma don't know...
So, I usually sing whatever I hear last...or whatever you say to me that reminds me of a song (case in point - above...). I have a jukebox in my head. If I've heard it on the radio, I play it in my head. Christian, Country, Pop, '80's, '90's...whatever.
I usually sing to whatever's on the radio - I listen to Christian music, and Country music - and, yes, '80's music...which I DID find out is cool again - so I'm so old I'm cool. I knew it was bound to happen when leg warmers appeared on the scene last year. I knew I was about to be back on the scene, baby!
What is playing in my head when there's no music on? Lately it's been Darius Rucker's "Don't Think I Don't Think About It" - because I got that CD from my hubby for Christmas and I've been playing it alot. Or, the most romantic song of all time - - Brad Paisley's "Then".
Sometimes, when I'm all alone, I love to belt out the worship songs "I Stand In Awe of You" and "I Worship You". I am afraid I might crack the windshield. Is it because I sing so awesome on the high notes or because the noise is so deafening? You decide... :)
Sometimes, my kids will be singing a song - which is really a remake or remix of an '80's song, and I'll join in and start singing with them. They'll look at me like, "How do YOU (meaning, "the dinosaur") know THIS song?" and I'll just put my nose up in the air, with an air of mystery and coolness and continue singing with my eyes closed. Keep them guessing - you never know what Momma knows, so you better not even think about sneaking behind her back!
So, whether you're playing the game at Julie's site or not, leave a comment...what song plays in your head all day - and what song do you sing at the top of your lungs when nobody else is in the car?

4 comments:

TheFitHousewife said...

I sing anything and everything. But the kids often say, "don't sing mommy!!" Am I really that bad???

Maura said...

I like a bit of everything but I have been leaning toward country or christen lately. No one listens to country where we live I think I might be the only one:)

Julia Ladewski said...

AWESOME choices! been loving darius rucker lately too!!! great picks for the worship songs as well!!!

Sonora said...

Hahaha! I love the part about the 80's music coming back. It is so weird to hear songs being remade, makes me feel old. I sing pretty much anything that is on the radio. At home I usually end up singing the theme songs to TinkerBell and various other kiddie movies because my kids are still pretty little so that is about all they watch when they watch TV. I have been listening to 80's music lately though and a favorite came on, Pat Benetar Love is a Battlefield. Great song!