Friday, January 8, 2010

My FQ5

My Little Life
This is my new Friday game - 5QF! It was created by MamaM at Five Crooked Halos. Click here to access her blog and learn how to play along! We've all been asked the same 5 questions...so, here goes...



1. What's your "comfort food"?

You'd think "comfort food" would be something warm - like mashed potatoes or chili. My comfort food is ice cream. Always has been. Good ice cream, none of this cheap stuff. There's nothing like dipping into a pint of Edy's Espresso Chip in front of a good chick flick, under a big down comforter, when nobody else is home. Did I say pint? Did I really admit that? Well, I guess I did! :)

2. Do you send Thank You's (handwritten or email)?

Yes. This is a common courtesy. I try to do this IMMEDIATELY after receiving a gift. I'm a ministry leader, so after we have a Christmas tea or some event, if I receive a gift, I try to come home and send out thank-you's right away - because I realize I am an ABSENT MINDED ministry leader. (oops!) Sometimes, it's easier to remember to send thank-you's to people I minister to, rather than to my relatives - like my sister or mom. I am trying to be better at that. I am also trying to get my children in the habit of sending thank-you notes (even if it's just an email) to their grandparents, uncles, aunts, etc. who give them gifts.


3. If you had to be trapped in a TV show for a month, which show would you choose?
The Office - I think that show is a hoot, and it reminds me of the atmosphere of the office where my husband and I met. We worked together - Pam and Jim remind me of us!

4. What is your favorite online recipe site?
I know you will all probably gasp, but I've never checked out the Pioneer Woman (now I will, after reading your comments...). I read very selective blogs, as I limit my time on the computer - I write, so I spend SO MUCH TIME on the computer, as it is! I go directly to allrecipes.com, because I can just type in what I need - and, now that I've "met" (cyber-met) Brandi Castle, I check out her blog, From My Kitchen to Yours.


5. If you had to choose: "Friends" or "Seinfeld"?
Without a doubt, Seinfeld. Mike and I know almost every episode by heart. The group from Seinfeld - Jerry, Kramer, Elaine and George all remind us of the group we used to hang around with when we worked together. It's really kind of funny. I never watched Friends too much.

Well, that was fun! Now, I can't wait to read what you all have to say! So, let's blog hop and get to know each other!!!!





MckLinky Blog Hop

7 comments:

Sandy said...

Oh, The Office! Love that one too! BTW, I love yoru blog! It's so cheerful! Remind me to come back and visit in mid Feb- when the winter drearies sink in.

Kris Ann K. Erickson said...

After reading your comment on "Thank You"s, I am Sooo ashamed of my record with "Thank you"s. I never made a New Year's Resolution - I wonder if I should ... and promptly sending a Thank You would be it! :-)

Happy Friday!

Laura said...

My husband started watching the Office and he thinks it's great, I should really check it out! Have a great weekend!

Confessions From A Work-At-Home Mom said...

I kind of live in "The Office" already; my boss is sooo much like Michael Scott (clueless) but without the compassion that makes him personable. It's not as fun as you'd think, although we do laugh a lot!

~Elizabeth
Confessions From A Working Mom

TheFitHousewife said...

Love your answers! We also huge Office and Seinfeld fans here!

Mama M. said...

I miss Seinfeld and Friends! Great shows!! And, okay...now, I want some ice cream! Thanks...since I just had enough mashed potatoes to feed a small country!

Helga said...

I have never seen The Office. It is on Thursdays and that is my night for Grays Anatomy and Private Practice. Everyone talks about how good that show is though. Maybe I will check it out, I saw that TBS (I think it was them) are doing re-runs of The Office.