So, what two things do you love in your home this week????
Thanks for stopping by! These are the uncensored thoughts that flow from the heart of a wife and mom of two teenagers who volunteers as the Executive Director of SAMmy's, Inc. (Strength Among Moms Ministry). The thoughts aren't always coherent, sometimes silly and may not always be what you'd expect from somebody like me...but I can guarantee you that they are always genuine. I really appreciate that you've stopped by to check things out. I love comments, so let me know you've been here!
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
2 Things I Love Around My Home
I was nosing around on Keely's blog (from Mann Land 5). She participates in the blog carnival of her sister's called "2 Things I Love Around My Home." Kind of self explanitory, doncha think? It's a great way to get a peek into people's homes and seeing what they have, and how they decorate. Wanna see mine? Then, you can head to Keely's sister's blog - her name is Kassi and you can click here for the blog post, so you can join the blog hop. It started on Tuesday, but I'm never on time, anyway!
Mike bought me this antique chest for my birthday one year - I had found it at an antique shop and FELL IN LOVE...he went back on the sly and got it for me - what a surprise! I found fittings on the edges that have the year 1885 stamped into them. The leather in the squares there is still mostly in tact. The inside is in pretty good condition, too. It holds my scrapbooks.
On the other side of the room is my other leather covered find - not an antique, but I LOVE this cabinet. I love old maps, and I love leather. So, this cabinet covered in a leather map is right up my alley! Mike didn't really like this piece of furniture, but he knew I was in love with it, and he bought it for me for Christmas...I was REALLY surprised, because I knew he bought it out of love...he still isn't really thrilled. All this leather matches our dark brown leather sofa and chairs/ottoman. I love our living room set.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I love the chest...that is right up my alley! Also the map/leather thing (I forgot what you called it) is so awesome!!! I think this blog hop is so much fun and I can't wait to participate when I get settled in!
thanks for playing pennie! i LOVE your chest and cabinet! i love old maps too!
Yay for linking up! I love the chest..I almost wrote your chest..but it sounded weird..;-)
Um..so..since you love your living set so much..you should email a picture of it and join in the rate my space fun..
Your chest is beautiful! Uhh..that doesn't sound right! lol THE chest is beautiful!
You guys are HILARIOUS!
That chest is fab!!! I have always wanted one like that for the foot of my bed to put extra blankets in.
Those are both so cool...and the chest comments are killing me. :)
have my great grandfathers old military maps from WWII, they are such treasures to me! :)
tiny twig
Oh my goodness, we had nearly an identical chest in our old basement! It was just left there from whomever lived there before us (we were renting). It was always a joke imagining what would be inside (the basement was pretty creepy), but seeing yours and how good shape it is in, it doesn't seem that creepy anymore:)
Post a Comment