Friday, I had a SAMmy's meeting at my friend and Director Cathy's house to discuss our Annual Spring Retreat we have at the Embassy Suites in Blooming, MN. It's a ton of work, but we usually fill up the retreat pretty fast - mainly because the only requirement is you need to be a mom/grandmother (you don't have to attend SAMmy's), so many moms come who we only see once a year. It's a blast. (For those of you who are in the WI/MN area, I'll give you all details when the time gets closer - it's in April and we have author Mary Pierce coming -she's a hoot!) Anyhow, the meetings run from about 9am -1pm, and they are in Elk Mound - about an hour from my house. Sounds grueling, doesn't it?
Ha~ don't let me fool 'ya! Like I said, Cathy is a friend - everyone on the committee is, and while we work, we also have a blast. Cathy's hubby Kyle stayed home for an hour or so and made us crepes - grueling, yes...exhausting, too! After the meeting, Cathy made us chicken dumpling soup, Kim brought this yummy salad and Shelby brought garlic bread, Stacee brought her famous guacamole and chips and mint brownies and I brought beverages. We ate well - never fear! (I know, you were afraid, weren't you???)
Well, the point of this blog entry (besides, I wanted to rub it in that Kyle made crepes for us for breakfast Friday...) was that Kim gave me a great hint for mess-free and great tasting omelets. Bridgette and I made them before finishing up our Christmas shopping on Saturday.
Put all of your omelet ingredients in a food storage Ziploc bag. (We just had ham and cheese and eggs.) You mush them up real well. Then, you dip the bag in a pot of boiling water. Make sure the pot is big enough for the bag to lay flat - and, don't let the egg run to one corner - get it to lay flat, like an omelet. When the egg is completely cooked, it's done! Easy, peasy! It was fluffy - and good! Kim said it's a camping recipe, but when her big family gets together, this is how they make a bunch of omelets at one time, made to order, with different ingredient add-ins. Great idea, hey?
I was afraid the plastic bag would melt, but Kim told me it wouldn't - and she was right. Hmmm...cool!
Just thought I'd pass along this great info! I love it!
5 comments:
Sounds like you are going to have a great time in April :o) I love the omelette idea!!! I would have never thought of that one of my own LOL.
What a great idea! (And mmmm! Jealous over the crepes!)
I have totally made those omelets before, so good...and I thought putting the bag in there was weird too. :) I can't wait to hear more about the retreat, maybe I should go!
Sounds really yummy! Speaking of recipes, I was searching your blog recently for the recipe that you left me in the comments section - and I just can't find it! Can you help me out?! :)
By the way - definitely get me information on that retreat - Bloomington is only about an hour drive for me and I know it's something my sister and I would enjoy doing together (if she's not in China at that time, as she is in the process of adopting a sweet little girl).
Yay :) Can I tell you that both my hubby and I are really excited to get together with you after the holidays? He's been reading some of your blog (and your comments to me) and we both think we're going to have a great time when we finally get to meet you! :)
Kami - left the link for that recipe on your blog. :) Mini loaves of that bread make a great Christmas gift! Looking forward to meeting you and your husband, too! I've never met anyone from a blog before - this will be a first! :)
Post a Comment