Saturday, December 19, 2009

More Random Thoughts From La La Land

Hey, Bloggy Friends! You're in for a treat! I am supposed to be writing my studies. But I'm foggy brained. So I'm taking a break! (So far, I've tried to read a Bible commentary. I've gotten a few notes, but this is going to be one LONG process! Things don't make too much sense when you're on Percoset!)

So, I'll probably have a fuzzy brain for a few days. SO PLEASE TALK TO ME! PLEASE! All I can do is lie down - for now, anyhow.

I'll try to make this interesting for you. I promise. I have to go to a fancy-smancy party tonight with Mike for his company. On pain killers. I did that once last summer. It didn't turn out well, because I had an O'Doul's...which only has a trace amount of alcohol in it, so I didn't think that would matter. For those of you who ever are in that situation - when you're on pain killers and decide to have a "non-alcoholic" drink that only has a trace amount of alcohol in it, despite the warning on the label not to mix with alcohol - it most definitely does matter. I did things that night that were absolutely out of character for me. I did everything short of hanging from the chandeliers (which is REALLY out of character for me - I don't even drink!). The worst part was, I don't even remember it! Mike had to fill me in. Luckily, I have the best guy in the world who forgave me on the spot, because he knows I'm not like that at all. Whew!

I'm not going to repeat that tonight. I plan on stopping my pain killers soon.

Until then, I'm going to try to do some more studying for my writing. And if I think of some random things to write to you, I'll be posting more than usual, probably. Keep me company, okay??? :)

3 comments:

Laura said...

Hope tonight is going better than last time, that is so weird! Have a great weekend!

Pennie said...

Just an update...the party went well, and my pain killers did not make me act like an idiot (not more than normal, anyhow) lol :)

Kami said...

When I had my wisdom teeth out, I was prescribed vicodin (sp?) for the pain. I took one. Just one. Know why? Because I took it with a sip of wine (the only beverage that was within sight at the time) and it made me so incredibly sick that I couldn't handle the thought of taking another. I lasted through the pain - and the painkillers? They're still in my cupboard. I should just trash them! :)