Friday, December 18, 2009


It's Friday and you know what that means....Five Question Friday!!! Mama M created this great blog carnival called Five Question Friday and if you want to play along just click here.

This is my first 5QF. It looks like fun, so come on along for the ride and answer these questions with me!

1. Which boygroup did you like most in your teens?
Well, ladies, boygroups weren't hot when I was in my teens - I am THAT old! Boy George, maybe (no - he was never really HOT, but he was AROUND!)...

2. Do you do Christmas cards, letters, photos, nuthin', all of the above?
I do Christmas photo cards through Shutterfly - and I'm pretty impressed. I took a photo on the 11th, created the card on the 11th on-line and the cards were delivered to my door the 15th or 16th...and there was a weekend in there. Impressive!
As for Christmas letters, that's why I write a blog...if anyone's interested in looking me up, they can. I enjoy reading a few of my friends' Christmas letters - however, too many aren't usually personal...they are reporting rather than entertaining, photocopied and produced by the masses. I'm not one for impersonal messages - I'd prefer a few hand-written sentiments on a Christmas card written for my eyes only - but, that's just me. I'm a sentimental fool! :)

3. If you could meet one celebrity who would it be and why?
I think Whitney Houston would be a great person to sit down and have a chat with. I just saw her interviewed on Oprah. I could ask her some interesting questions. I'd love to hear her answers!

4. Favorite thing to cook with (i.e. stainless, non-stick, Dutch oven, microwave, debit card...or, perhaps, a cauldron, etc.)?

This will probably crack you up, but I love to cook with my crock pot. Really. And, now that they make those Reynold's liners, the clean up is a snap! And, it's hard to ruin meat in a crock-pot. Especially red meat. You can cook it all night and not over-cook it. A bonus for me!

5. What is the one thing you wear the most, besides your unmentionables?
I have a pair of brown leather riding boots. They were expensive, but I will wear them out. I love them. And they're comfy. I'm 5'7", and they are almost flat-heeled, so I don't feel like a tall, geeky girl in them, like I do in some of my heeled shoes. I can wear them with jeans or with suede skirts or suede dresses. I just love them.

I hope to get a pair of Sketchers shoes that exercise your legs and butt as you walk. I'll let you know how those work. :)


< href="http://www.mcklinky.com/blog_hop.asp" target="_blank">MckLinky Blog Hop



5 comments:

Helga said...

Yippy!!! I am so glad you decided to join 5QF this week. Isn't it fun :o) Ok so I'm a big dork, I know :o)

Whitney Houston huh? I used to love her back in the day and I couldn't understand how could get addicted to drugs. I know it is not something she chose to do but dang why oh why???

LOL

TheFitHousewife said...

Okay, so why does my slow cooker meat always turn to sand paper?!?

Adrienne said...

I think it would be neat to meet whitney and see how much of a diva she is or how much they lie about her

Adrienne said...

I also love my sketchers shape-ups you do feel a little difference

Kyrsten said...

Thank you for your nice comment :-)
Enjoyed reading your answers!