Today at SAMmy's, I was giving the announcements. I was listing the things the women in our SAMmy's group could help with during our Christmas Tea Party. (It's always a blast - there's the annual White Elephant Gift Exchange that has turned up some CRAZY gifts over the years...these Christian ladies have a WILD sense of humor!)
Well, this morning I was standing before these women - women of all ages, mind you - and I was listing all of these tasks. All of them coincide with our theme - "These Are a Few Of My Favorite Things". So, I tell them, "If your favorite thing is Christmas music, then you want to sign up for this task during our Christmas Tea! You will be in charge of supplying Christmas tunes. You'll have to bring the CD's and the boom box."
All I got was blank looks.
I think there were crickets chirping.
It was the fact that I said "boom box". Apparently only dinosaurs say that.
I got teased about it in my small group. Bunch of whipper snappers. They better watch it or I'll beat them with my cane! These orthopedic sneakers can carry me pretty quickly, when I'm provoked, you know!!!! :) (Girls, if you're reading this, you know I love you...just wait till next time I bring snack...you like All Bran, right???)
6 comments:
LOL! That's great! Thanks for sharing!
I emailed you last night. Did you receive it?
Brandi
I emailed you last night. Did you receive it?
Brandi
Brandi, I didn't get your email! :( My email is pretty long:
penniebixler@strengthamongmomsministry.com . If that doesn't work, try mpbixler@baldwin-telecom.net . That's one's shorter and it's easier not to make a spelling mistake. :) I check both often! :) Thanks!
I resent it to the mpbixler email. Let me know if you get it.
Thanks!
Hahahahaha You are too funny!!! I'm sure you will never say Boom Box again huh?
Post a Comment