Anyhow, my sisters, my Mom and I got together, and put together a scrapbook for him for his birthday. It started Thanksgiving weekend. We tried to put together as many cute (read: embarrassing) pictures from his youth as we could and pair them with "wise" sayings. Sort of like the book "Coming of Age" by Studs Terkel. Or, so my sister Lynda says (she's a librarian and knows most everything about any book you've ever heard of...). We're giving him the scrapbook and the Studs Terkel book with a "special slipcover."
Lynda had a cover made up for the "Coming of Age" book. Isn't it cute? (My maiden name is Brockman. That means Dave's last name is Brockman - in case you needed help figuring that one out...) This is one of Dave's cute childhood pictures. .jpg)
Dave will definitely be surprised. He expects nothing less of his sisters. We've been annoying him all his life, I think he'd kind of miss it if we stopped now. (We go to great lengths to annoy!) I wish I were in town today to go to lunch with him and Lynda and Deanna. They're dropping by his workplace to treat him. But, I live too far away. I'm thinking of you, Dave - and, Happy Birthday!!!!
.jpg)
3 comments:
Happy Birthday lil Brother!!! You girls are too funny, I love the gift :o)
How cool is that!? Poor guys, 4 sisters? :) Happy birthday to you baby brother!
Wow that is awesome!! And yes 4 sisters that is rough!!
Post a Comment