I love butterflies (There's a whole, long, inspirational story to that, but that's a different post - different day.)
My sister Deanna saw me eyeing this ceramic butterfly picture at Hallmark a few years back. She went back and bought it for me. (She spoils me rotten. I was on the phone with her last week and was trying to act tough about my MS diagnosis - told her I was just doing it to get gifts...that stinker sent me the most beautiful necklace in the mail - when I called to thank her, she told me it's because she figured I wanted presents! She's the best!)
Anyhow, here's the butterfly picture. It's currently on my dresser, but it's been various places throughout my various homes.
This is another favorite thing in my home. It's a new addition - in our new addition. We're finishing our basement. "We" of course means "Mike." He can do anything a handyman can do. So far down there, he's installed a heated floor in a bathroom, built a walk-in shower, tiled the bathroom, done all the electrician's work, plumbed it, built a family room, bedroom, workshop and storage room, installed surround sound in the new family room, put in all lighting, trim, ceiling - the guy's just amazing!
The most remarkable thing to me is this gas fireplace he built by hand. He's never done this kind of thing before. It's real stone. Built with blood, sweat and tears. Okay, no tears - but the lye in the stone did make his hands bleed, and I did see him sweat. I just think this fireplace is beautiful. And, I love that he built it.
So, what are two things you love around your home? I'd love to see!
8 comments:
Wow that is beautiful. Thanks for sharing!
I have a linky party going on where you can enter a post about anything you want to share with others. I would love it if you entered this one!
Its at http://bloggerchixdesigns.blogspot.com/2010/04/talk-about-it-tuesday.html
These are really great! I love that you love butterflies :)
In my home, I think I would have to go with my kitchen (because I'm always in it!) and the big yellow leather chair (though Monte claims that it is faded brown!) by our fireplace. The best room to relax in EVER!
Missing you!
Wow!! What a man!! Amazing fireplace! Stunning! =)
My hubby is very very techy...
not so handyman ish! =)
ah well...
I love butterflies too!~
What a great sister!!!
Way to go sister!
I need to think about favorite things.. hm... I love so many things... is that bad??! =)
Hope your week is filled with little blessings! =)
Jenn~
I love butterflies and the one thing our house didn't have that we really wanted...a fireplace. Yours is beautiful!! Hope you had a great Easter!
The stone fireplace is amazing!!! Mike is awesome!!!
Your sisters sounds like a sweetie!!! The butterfly picture is beautiful!!
Have a great day :o)
Beautiful picture! I have a thing called love for butterflies too! I like to think sometimes its someone from Heaven that I know.
The fireplace is fantastic! What a fabulous husband you have!
Wow Pennie, you married a keeper! He did an amazing job on that fireplace!
I love butterflies too! They are so delicate and peaceful looking.
Love that fireplace.
Post a Comment