Thursday, April 8, 2010

Thanks...An Update...And Mac N Cheese!

I can tell you all have been praying...again! First of all - I'm getting braver! I contacted the neurologist via email and asked when my results would be ready to discuss. Then - His office called and we're meeting today. Yeah! This is the first time I've heard from him. Big prayer answered. Thank you!!!! I hope today is the day I get a diagnosis and a plan. The power of prayer. I'm just SO LUCKY to have you all!!!! I can't say that enough!

On a more regular note - My friend Jocelyn wanted me to type up my recipe for Homemade Mac N Cheese. Aaron devours this recipe. The magic of this recipe is that it can be frozen! I usually make a double batch, and freeze one. You make it in a 9 x 13 pan. I don't like to tie up my 9 x 13 pans by keeping them in the freezer, (so many pans of brownies and lasagnas to make!) so I generally line one with freezer paper, dump the batch of mac n cheese I'm going to freeze in the lined 9 x 13 pan and then freeze it until it's solid. Then, I pull it out of the freezer and pop it out like a popsicle and wrap it up in freezer paper better so it will keep well in the freezer for the month or however long I intend to keep it and I wash my 9 x 13 pan and it's free for me to use again. When I want to bake up my frozen mac n cheese, I just unwrap and put it in the 9 x 13 to thaw - it's in that perfect shape already! Enough handy tips...here's the recipe for a single batch - double it to make a double batch (bet you could have figured that one out yourself, huh?) ;)

Freezer Mac N Cheese

8 Cups cooked macaroni (16-18 oz. dry)
2 cans cream of mushroom condensed soup
8 oz. cream cheese
4 cups mild shredded cheddar
1 cup crushed soda crackers

1. Stir soup, a little at a time, into softened cream cheese, removing any lumps as you stir. Mix in the shredded cheese and cooked macaroni. Salt and pepper to taste.

2. Press macaroni mixture into greased or sprayed 9 x 13 baking dish. Sprinkle crumbs over macaroni. Bake at 375 for 30 minutes or until edges are bubbly.

3. If you freeze a batch, freeze crumbs in a seperate bag and attach to macaroni n cheese. Put frozen mac n cheese in dish to thaw in fridge overnight. Sprinkle crumbs over mac n cheese before baking.

Well, Jocelyn - I hope you enjoy! And, I hope any of you with kids who love mac n cheese give it a whirl - I know my kids go gaga over it. Jocelyn said she'd make me a batch. I love friends like that!
Aaron thanks you. :)

8 comments:

Maura said...

You will be in my thoughts today. I hope all goes well. I will be praying for you!

Helga said...

I know the appointment is going to go well (positive thinking goes a long way!!!) :o) I will thinking and praying for you today!

Thanks for the Mac and Cheese recipe!! We love Mac and Cheese and that is one thing you can't get in Iceland :o( Now we have an awesome recipe though :o)

Daisygirl said...

I will definitely be thinking about you today!

The mac n cheese recipe sound awesome and I love that you can freeze it! Thanks for posting this.
I hope your day is good and you finally get the answers you've been waiting for.

Laura said...

I hope everything goes well today!!
That mac n cheese sounds YUMMY...I love that stuff, it's the inner child in me. :)

TheFitHousewife said...

I'm thinking of you today Pennie!

Thanks for the recipe. My kids love mac n cheese and it's nice to have a homemade version instead of the boxed one!

Seizing My Day said...

Praying for your heart and mind to be prepared for the appointment ... and the plan... Hugs to you my new friend!

Jennifer Nordin, LMT, CPT said...

Missed you yesterday at SAMmys too! Gunnar needed to sleep in and we would have been way too late by the time breakfast was over.
Glad you are able to discuss your health in more detail. Will keep you in prayer.
Love, Jen

Seizing My Day said...

Maybe one day you and I will stand and get our picture by Haystack Rock!!?!! ;) he he... a girl can wish can't she!!