
- My husband hates how transparent I can be sometimes, because he is a very private person...and I am a conference speaker and writer and blogger...so I have learned to be very careful...in fact, this fact alone is probably too revealing, because it mentions him...
- My house looks neat, but open cupboards and closets at your own risk! I am always reorganizing (and it never stays that way)!
- I dislike housework, but love a clean house. Unfortunately, you need to do one to get the other.
- I do love to vacuum. LOVE IT. My Dyson Animal vacuum cleaner is my "other man." I spend lots of time with him. Every day. Even when my hands don't work well because of the MS, I try to do what I can to vacuum. I think there are worse obsessions out there.
- I have been a vegetable gardener-wanna-be. I really decided that since I hate weeding, I've got to give it up. I have a big plot for my veggie garden. I have 30 blackberry plants on order with Burpee. They will be arriving in May. I'm going to put in a few tomatoes in containers.
- In Jan. of 2000 I felt God lead me to start a Bible study in my home in a new town - EauClaire, WI - where I just moved. I invited the 1 person I knew and she invited 3 more. SAMmy's (Strength Among Moms ministry) was born. I honestly heard a still, small voice tell me at that first meeting that it was going to be bigger than I could ever imagine. I dared to voice that experience of hearing the small voice. Today, it has grown to 8 chapters in the Midwest of over 200 women (that small group of 4 is now almost 100) and we're adding more groups next year. We're an official nonprofit. I have a dream for it to be a national program someday in the future. Maybe you'll be part of it!
- I am a sap and wear my heart on my sleeve. I know people sometimes call me naive and judge me for it, but I don't care. At least I'm not mean.
- I went to college for only one year. I dropped out, because I was really unmotivated and I kicked myself for a long time - I was so directionless at that time in my life! Ugh! I have thought about going back, but the only reason I'd go back is to just get a degree - I can't even put my finger on what degree - so that's a stupid reason! So, no school for me...and, I have to say, I'm relieved. I was always good in school, but I can't say I loved it.
- I was journalling this morning, and I was thinking about me getting sick - MS. This has kind of been a blessing. (I'm getting so much better, btw - I can even type without making too many mistakes...ha! I just had to correct this about 20 times!) I thought my priorities were in line, but since getting sick, I've not obsessed about the usual things I obsess about: Am I being productive enough? Does this person like me? How do I look? I've got to hurry, hurry, hurry to get it all done... It's been pretty nice, actually - anything I can get done is just icing on the cake. It's like being five years old again. No pressure.
- I want to be remembered as the most friendly, loving person. When you spend time with me, I want you to feel like you're the most important person in the room.
Ok, now I get to award this to ten of my bloggy buddies and they can uncover 10 of their honest scrap facts! Can't wait to hear their true confessions! These are 10 of my "inner circle of daily reads" (I have more, but I had to choose just 10) So, I'm anxious to see what dirt they dig up for us...go check out what these gals fess up to!
Kris Ann at Moms On Fire
Helga at My World
Daisygirl at A Daily Scoop of Chaos
Stacey at Bloggin' It Like It Is
Jen at 3 Little Monkeys
Maura at Fostering Awareness
A New Mom at Really? I'm A Mom?
Laura at The Bignell Family
Marianne at Diary of A Fickle White Woman
Have a great day!!!PS - I previously published the above post. I only posted 9 friends and their blog sites. I got one comment pointing that out so this PS is a quick edit...so since my smart alek friend Shelly K of I Like The Way You Do posted such a fresh little comment, she can pick up her award, too! That should keep her quiet for about 2 seconds...maybe? lol Love ya, Shell! But we seriously don't think it will keep you quiet...what dirt can we dig up on you????
9 comments:
Thanks for sharing all the goods with us! I think Todd is the same way about revealing too much sometimes. He does understand that certain things that I share are meant to help others though so that helps!
P.S., so glad to hear that the MS flare up is starting to level out and you can type more again! I missed those days of no blogs. :)
P.P.S, I know you didn't go to college but you should have learned to count to 10 in kindergarten LOL :) Check your math, don't you remember that sayin?
LOVE YOU!
This award is getting around...I will so vlog my answers I just need to come up with 10 new things...Ill do it soon!
I love vacuuming too! Its good exercise too! I wanna to grow my own veggies and fruit...but I seem to have a dead thumb and kill everything! I may have to try it again though!
I am so happy that you are feeling better. I hope you have a great weekend! ;)
Great post Pennie!
I love a clean house but hate housework too!
From what I've read on your blog, you totally seem like the most friendly, loving person. Love ya!
Thanks for the award! I did receive this one a while ago so if you want to read a few honest things about me, here is the link:
http://jengacek.blogspot.com/2009/10/honest-blog-award.html
Awww, thanks P. Diddy! You're so sweet!!! I need to think of some confessions, I'm kind of lame, so I need to see what I can come up with before I post! But I love the award, thanks so much!
Also, going back to college just for a degree isn't worth the expense, LOL.
AND, I LOVE vaccuming, too! Favorite chore by far :)
Have an awesome weekend, beautiful lady!
The reason I like these is you get random thoughts from the people you are following... he he!
I did 2 1/4 years of college & also had no direction.. couldn't keep going with no direction! ah well.. don't look back! =)
I love vacuuming too!! wish I had a dyson!! =)
Oh and I am the same with gardening... I try... I am not super good... but I do like weeding!! I need to weed! =) just can't find time with the dog! he makes it less peaceful to weed!! ha ah!
jealous of all those blackberries!! YUM!
Wahahahaa! I would like to pass on the award but since I have a few extra minutes I'll find something to tell you about myself. I'm sure it'll be worth all the 3 minutes you'll take out of your life to read about it! LOL...at least your answers were ones that made us continue to think you're cute little personality is contagious.
Such a great post! I love a clean house but don't really actually like cleaning it either...we needs maids. :) I'm a gardener wanna be too, except I have no idea how to do it. I think what you have done with SAMmy's is so amazing!! No doubt, I'm sure it will only keep growing. And you are such a loving person...can't wait to meet you someday! ;)
Thanks for the award :o) I feel so special!!! I need to do this soon so I don't forget about it....I'm bad at forgetting about awards and then when I do remember I can't remember who I got the award from...sad huh?? Not that I am not appreciative or nothing :o)
Post a Comment