Monday, April 26, 2010

I Can Dream, Can't I?

Okay, I totally have been debating about writing this post for the past couple of days. I've been afraid you'll all think I'm a dork. But, most of you don't REALLY know me and those of you who do already know I'm a dork, so I'm going to go for it because...I'm a dork. (And, in case "dork" means something other than wierdo, I am also really naive...I mean weirdo. In the 80's, when I was a teenager, it meant weirdo...I'm hoping it still does.) ;)
Well, I've been having really bad dreams lately. They've just been awful. I don't know if it's been those treatments I had two weeks ago - you know I had an I.V. of 1000 mg of methyl prednisolone every day for a week? I'm still waking up at 3am every night from some bad dream or another. In one dream, I'm thrift saling and I've led my friend Michelle and daughter to a house and we go inside and visit only to find out they're sadistic murderers...and they tie me down first and I can't save my friend and daughter. I mean all the dreams are like this. Horrible. And that's a mild one.
So, the other night, I have a dream of a different sort. Part of it was kind of a mild bad dream. I think I had some of it because of some things I was blogging about. The setting was in school - a college education class. And guess who was in there with me? Some of YOU! Honestly! I can remember Daisygirl, Jen Gacek, Jenn from Seizing My Day and Marianne from Fickle White Woman. Oh - and Kris Ann from Moms on Fire...she's the only one I know in person...a friend from my real life that appeared in my dream. The rest of you were my virtual bloggy buddies. And there were more of you, but I can only remember those 5.
So, we were in the back of this packed classroom. I had this cold and kept blowing my nose, but I didn't have a kleenex - which is gross, but it was part of my dream. I wasn't going to write that part, but...that was the part that was embarrassing. You all crowded around me so nobody could see that my nose was dripping. What good friends. (Would you do that for me???)
Then, that part was over (Thank God!). And, the class became a dance class (no, I never watched Glee, but I do come from the original days when "Fame" was popular) and we were told to do a ballet sequence in front of the class. I tried, but because of my MS, my body would not move the right way. (Just a comment: If this were real life, and it was BEFORE I had MS, my body would not have moved in the right way...so it's really funny that in my dream, it was the MS that made my body not able to move right...whatever! I was never voted, "Most Graceful...let's just put it that way...now I just have an excuse...) The teacher started yelling at me and my body started jerking around, but then I started acting goofy because I thought "What the heck!" and the dance started to look pretty cool and you all joined in (Daisygirl started and you all joined in...thanks Daisygirl!). It was no longer a ballet move - we were really bustin' a new move! We started laughing and not listening to the teacher (you bad influences) and Kris Ann showed us some new dance steps and then Marianne was showing us some of hers and pretty soon Jen and Jenn were adding their own and everyone was turning around and watching the ruckus we were making and we were just having fun, pretty sure we were flunking by then. But you guys didn't care, because you took the bad grade to help me regain my dignity (if you can call what we were doing dignified) and we ended up being the cool kids of the class.
I woke up at 3am that day, like I usually do, but I actually woke up smiling, almost giggling. And, usually when I wake up at 3am from a nightmare I go right into prayer first for my own peace and then I start praying until Mike wakes up at 5. This particular morning, I went into prayers of thanksgiving and I started praying for you guys...and then I remembered some other bloggy buddies that need prayer (like Helga, who flew to Iceland where the volcano is and we haven't heard from her since she arrived...) and some others - you know who you are. :) But, it was a welcome reprieve from the nightmares.
It's true. I can't believe I dreamed about you. I think that's really funny. You encourage me almost every day and now even at night. Now, you five can tell people that you are the woman of somebody's dreams. lol
And that your bloggy buddy is a dork.

13 comments:

Nocona said...

That is cute. Thanks for sharing. I am sorry that you have been tormented by bad dreams. That is hard to deal with.

Shelly Rude said...

I'm sorry that I wasnt at the dance class I was probably at Goodwill.Anytime you want to come over & crank the tunes I'm ready !!

Daisygirl said...

oh my gosh that is the funniest thing ever! I feel so honored to be dreamed about in such a goofy way! ;)

Dreams are so funny, whenever I have school dreams like that I get all weirded out and wonder if I am supposed to look for some greater meaning! haha!

I am so telling people that I was one of the women in your dreams and I am a dork too!

Happy Monday girl!

Seizing My Day said...

Sorry about the dreams... the ones that aren't fun... I dream like that regularly! =) I LOVE your FAME dream!! too funny!! and I am happy about our new found friendship in this crazy wild blog world! = ) looking forward to years of friendship with you my dear Pennie! Hope your day brings you smiles and peace! I have a busy week ahead ~ trying to dig my way out of an out of control deep messy house that I have let go since blogging!! You wouldn't believe the projects and paperwork that consume my house! So anyway!
I am planning to Seize My Week!
hugs!
Jenn

Laura said...

Oh my goodness that is so funny!! I hope I was there too! :) Sorry you have been having bad dreams, I hope they start going away. Have a great week girl!

Helga said...

I'm back!!! I have really missed you! Sorry I wasn't able to meet you, we drove by your town after 9 that night and I was so dissapointed :o( We will have to meet another time!!

Your a dork and I love it....I'm a total dork too :o) I am also the biggest clutz ever!!! I fall over everything and break everything there is to break...well I am getting better at not breaking stuff :o)

I'm sorry you have been having bad dreams...I hope they go away!!! I had a horrible dream today when I took a nap with Kobe. I dreamt that Dewayne was a serial killer and when I discovered it he came after me and killed everyone in his way including family and friends :o( I was really glad to wake up from that dream!!

Okay, I am off to read more of your posts that I missed :o) Have a great day!!!

Liz Mays said...

That is so funny that you dreamt of bloggers! I have yet to do that, even though I've met some in person!

Marianne said...

Awwwww, I was in your dream! That's so cool! Last night I dreamed the people I nanny were getting a divorce and she sent me a long email about nothing important and the last line was. "After several years, I've decided to divorce Brendan. He's moving to the Middle East." I was really confused when I got their house this morning!


Yes, I would absolutely crowd around you if you had to blow your nose and were without a Kleenex! I can think of grosser things ;)

And I have two left feet, so I hope my dancing was better in your dreams than it is in real life!!!!

I wish we lived closer together... I wish all of my blogger buddies live down the street from me. That would be pure heaven on earth!

Kurtzhals said...

So were you just blowing your nose into the air?
When I was in high school, I was a softball pitcher.
There were so many times when the weather would get cold and NOBODY had a kleenex. I always had to do the "cover one nostril and blow".
My friends never blocked me, I had to hide behind the dugout.....
I wish I would have known you back then, I would have been safe with my nose blowing. LOL.
Thanks for sharing, it's nice to read about silly dreams!

McVal said...

My aunts name is Dorcas and my mom calls her Dork with affection. But us kids still called each other Dork out of rambunctiousness...
As for weird dreams. wow! That's a doozey! During the tornado months in Iowa ever since I can remember, in my nightmares... I'm in a big family gathering or social event and I look out the front window of our house and see a tornado ripping across a corn field coming right at us. I try to yell to warn everyone but they don't understand and no words come out of my mouth. I just keep pointing at it but no one looks. They're too concerned with making sure there is enough food on the table... AHHH!!! I know what I'll be dreaming about tonight...

Brianne said...

Yikes!! Too funny!! Sorry about the bad dreams though. Hope those stop.

Together We Save said...

Oh I hate bad dreams... I hope yours stop soon!

Kathleen Frangeskos said...

Hi,
What a beautiful blog site you have!
It is so sweet and filled with great stories and experiences.
God Bless you.

If you wish, please stop by and visit me anyitme at
JESUS KNOWS YOU BEST.
My blog is devoted to inspiring others to turn towards Jesus.
Sincerely,
Kathleen Frangeskos at
Jesus Knows You Best