Why is this amazing "Meringue Berry Pie" sitting on my oven this morning? (The crust is yummy meringue, the filling are scoops of ice cream, the topping is a raspberry sauce and it is topped with fresh berries - yum!)
And why are the Bixler kids smiling? (Notice I did not ask why they are not standing close together...why ask the obvious?)
And why did Pennie let her kids eat Meringue Berry Pie for Breakfast?
The answer to all of the questions is:IT'S BRIDGETTE'S 13TH BIRTHDAY!!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SWEETHEART!
In the Bixler household, when it's a Bixler kid's birthday, they get their pick of cake or pie for breakfast (They honestly spend weeks in advance, deciding which pie or cake they want Mom to make for their birthday treat...and usually change their mind several times before the "big day.") - and the whole family gets to eat it for breakfast and then the rest gets eaten for their birthday cake after dinner! They also get to pick their dinner (we're having hamburgers, french fries and fruit salad). Bridgette's birthday usually falls within their school district's spring break, so she hasn't had school all week. We're going to see Alice In Wonderland with Aaron and a neighbor boy across the street (Aaron's friend - but, Bridgette's too - he kind of lives here when Aaron isn't living there, so he's a pseudo-brother to Bridgette). Tonight Bridgette requested that we have the first bonfire of the season in our backyard, so I guess I'm picking up s'more fixin's this afternoon!This is a much more fun day than I've had in a while. We're celebrating a great 13 years with the best daughter I could have ever dreamed of!
10 comments:
What a neat idea! Happy Birthday to your Teen Girl!
You get my vote for Mom of the Year! My mom used to do that for us kids when we were at home...the day was all about the birthday girl or boy!
I love the name Bridgette!!!Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday Bridgette!!! I hope she has a wonderful day!
I love the cake/pie for breakfast idea! I might just have to use that one :o)
How are you doing today? I am thinking of you!
Happy Birthday Bridgette! What a great picture!
That is a great idea, cake or pie for breakfast. I know that would go over well in my family too!
So glad you are having a great day. Enjoy your s'mores.
Bridgette's loving all the comments that are directed toward her - she says "THANKS!" It's great to be the focus of attention all day!
What a fun tradition and OH MY GOSH does that pie look good. I wish I had that for breakfast!
I hope she has a wonderful birthday!
What a lovely way to start a birthday! I hope it has been a great one.
Good blog.
It's too bad you missed my birthday in January. Next year you can come over and make me that very same pie for breakfast! Or I am willing to have you make it for my "unbirthday" any other day of the year!!
Happy 13th Birthday, Miss Bridgette!! You're a sweet girl and you look cute in your hat :)
Hope her day was filled with special memories!! She has a lovely mommy!
Earlier today I found a meringue recipe that I want to try ... and then you post this beautiful berry one!! yum! yum!
Hope you all had a special day!
Post a Comment