Would you believe that neither Mike's nor my parents attended our wedding 17 years ago?
How rude!!!!
Ha! No - actually, we eloped - they all would have jumped at the chance, I'm sure, but we were young and in love and eloping seemed so mysterious and personal and ROMANTIC! We planned it for months. Where did we elope to? Someplace wildly romantic you'd imagine like Paris or the Carribean or even Las Vegas? Well, do we ever do anything NORMAL???? We eloped to the U.P. - yessir...the Upper Peninsula of MICHIGAN where the yupers live - "Yah, dem dere yupers dere in dat upper peninsula of Michigan dere where it snows all dah time."
Classy, all the way!
Actually, our wedding is pretty descriptive of our life together - not flashy, very unique, personal and a whole lotta fun! We certainly don't do things like most people.
Guess what I'm getting for my anniversary? This morning, at 7:30, I've got men coming in to install Corian countertops and a sink.
At 1:25, I get a spinal tap and blood tests (I'll bet YOU don't get that for YOUR anniversary)!!!! ****I could use prayer for that, because I am scared to death! I've heard too much about what that involves.****
And, tonight, Mike is taking me out to a nice restaurant for Salmon (yummy!) or whatever else my little heart desires for dinner. I hope I'm up for it.
I am so grateful to have the husband I have. Here's to 17 wonderful years....and a lifetime more.
Oh...one random thought here...my friend Shelly K. of I Like the Way You Do asked me to mention that she has a giveaway. Your odds of winning are great, because not too many have bitten on this one. Please go check it out.
A more random thought? Shelly K. is one of my friends from Eau Claire - not to be mixed up with my friend that I often blog about - Shelly, who is from my hometown - Hudson. I also blog about my other friend, Michelle here from Hudson. I am Shelly/Michelle rich...I just guess I'm lucky that way! ;)
Anyhow...check out Shelly K's giveaway and have a great Friday. I'll be (hopefully) writing away this morning while the countertops are put in, then getting my spinal tap (gulp!) and then having a WONDERFUL dinner with Mr. Wonderful himself. Be blessed!
9 comments:
Happy 17 year anniversary to you and your hubby!
I had a spinal tap done once. On my honeymoon!!! I was having lower neck pain and back pain. They checked for meningitis. I did not have that, all I had was a major case of dehydration!! :)
Anyway, the spinal tap is not too bad. At first they tried it on my side but that didn't work so I had to side on the side of the table and bend over (kind of like getting an epidural). They numb you so it's not too bad.
I can understand your concerns though. I will definitely be praying for you this afternoon. I don't know what time zone you are in so I will pray throughout the afternoon. :-) I am in upstate NY so I'm Eastern Standard time.
~Heather
Happy Anniversary to you and Mike!!! I hope you two have a wonderful time tonight :o)
Yea you for getting new countertops and a sink :o) I would be so excited about that!!!
Good luck with the spinal tap this afternoon. I will be thinking of you and praying for you.
Let us know how your spinal went if you get a chance.
Happy Anniversary!
Boo on having to have that done today! I don't blame you for being nervous, but I have a feeling you are going to do just fine!
Have fun on your date tonight.
Happy Anniversary! 17 years is awesome!!! Are you going to post pics of your new countertop?
I hope that your testing is quick and as painless as possible! I'll be there holding your hand in thought! I hope you have someone to go with you its always nice to have someone with you when your scared! I'll be thinking about you today and I hope your anniversary night is romantic and special!
~Jen~
Happy Anniversary! I'll keep you in my prayers and I hope everything turns out wonderfully!
Happy Anniversary! I would have loved to elope...but my parents would have killed me!
I hipe your spinal tap goes well...I'll be thiking of you.
I hope everything went well today! Happy Anniversary!!
I read your newest post first, it must have been hard to be all psyched up for your appointment and not go.
Happy Anniversary from the Nordins.
Love and Prayers!
I wish I had eloped on the beach in Hawaii... weddings are SO overrated!
I would take a s=)undress on the beach anyday over my wedding... loved my wedding.. .kinda... stressful to plan... stressful to make sure family was happy... stressful to be the spotlight... Way to go girl!
Praying for peace of mind my friend!!
=) Bless you!
Jenn
Post a Comment