Monday, March 29, 2010

My Day Tday

First of all, before I forget - for those of you who are praying for me (and thank you for that!) - I have my spinal tap tomorrow at 1:45pm. I start fasting at midnight tonight. And the procedure takes 3-1/2 to 4 hours. So that's a long time with no food! I hope I feel well enough to pig out afterwards! I'll bet I'll be hungry! I think I'll chow down until midnight tonight, just to be sure!

Okay, it's hard to see from this picture, but all the furniture from the right side of the living room has been moved to the left side (and all the furniture from the left side is in the kitchen!), because yesterday Mike and I shampooed our carpets - our bedroom, too! (Thanks to Melissa - her shampooer worked great!)
This may not sound like a big deal to you, but before we used the shampooer we had a few spots that I used various spot removers on that seemed to work, but left obvious clean spots on a dingy beige carpet. So, afer shampooing...we now have a great looking carpet again. Ahhhh...
And, bonus - Mother's Day is coming up and I REALLY LIKED the carpet scrubber and I was REALLY GOOD at hinting how great it would be to own my very own. Melissa commented what a lame Mother's Day gift that would be, but I am a vacuum cleaner DIVA, so I cannot think of a BETTER gift than something that would make my carpet squeaky-clean. So, in the event my hinting did not do any good - if you all see Mike, feel free to let him know that you think a carpet scrubber would be a FANTASTIC idea!

The next thing on my "To-Do List" for today? I mean, besides the regular Monday laundry and grocery list making, and general housekeeping chores...

I warn you - it's scary.

For me, anyhow:

Yes. I've got to clean this baby. And, I'm afraid of it. Don't laugh! I managed to avoid grilling all last summer. I used to love grilling. But two summers ago, I turned on the propane, and when I went to light it - POOF! Something bad happened and a big puff ball of flames went up and the kids watched as a few of my bangs started on fire. No big harm was done - a little sizzle and stink - you couldn't even tell after I snipped a little off. But, I'm a weenie. And, now I hate Mr. Grill. All grills, really. A few weeks ago...the day before I started having MS symptoms (maybe it's the GRILL'S fault!), I was at a SAMmy's retreat meeting, and we were doing this craft where we had to melt this powder to turn it into plastic (I have to be vague here, because I know some of you SAMmy's girls are reading - and it's TOP SECRET stuff here) and the fumes were too much to do it in the oven inside Cathy's house. So, we did it on the grill on the deck. I made Shelby go out with me - because I was afraid of the grill. Really. She did, because she's my friend. And then, I started picking up these metal things from the hot grill with my bare hands and she yelled at me that they were hot, and I didn't feel them. That's the first hint that something was wrong (MS), but we didn't really catch on at the time - because I brushed it off as something to do with my high pain tolerance - because I do have that, too.
Anyhow - all that to say that I am afraid of the grill.
Silly me.
And I have to clean that baby some time this week.
So, if you don't hear from me for a while, you know the grill won.

10 comments:

Sonora said...

Good luck tomorrow. I hope it goes well. I will be praying for you!
Yay for clean carpet. I need to do this too. We have resorted to a large rug for now because everytime we clean up a stain, it reappears. Ugh!
Good luck with the grill! I wouldn't want to clean it either.

Seizing My Day said...

no no Pennie... pick wood floors... not a carpet cleaner!! =)

I hate grills too... they scare me... I don't use them!! Can't even turn ours on... see I am a bigger baby!

Praying for you tomorrow! Eat Chocolate pudding when you are done! Start slow and eat foods that won't trigger nausea if you know what I mean!

Thanks for being such a good friend! Wish we were neighbors.. with JenG. too!! ;)

Pennie said...

Now if JenG comments, she's going to have to see your blog to see what I wrote about her...gossipping about you Jen!

Maura said...

You will be in my prayers Pennie. I too have had many spinal taps:( I hope everything goes smoothly tomorrow. I will be thinking about you!!

TheFitHousewife said...

You know I'm gonna comment!

I think we having the same day...laundry and grocery list day! I'm glad I don't have to clean the grill though...those things scare me too!

Best wishes for tomorrow...you'll do great!

TheFitHousewife said...

P.S. Great minds do think alike!!

Heather said...

I'll be praying for you tomorrow!
Have your hubby clean the grill. ;-)

Shelly Rude said...

Praying for you today, love you!!!
As for the grill take the racks off & put them in a large garbage bag, spray them w/ the cleaner & set them in the sun for a couple of hours. They come really clean like this just spray them w/ the hose. Then you shouldnt have to turn the grill on.Dont mess up the new do

Helga said...

Sorry I haven't been around...we had no internet for a few days. I was able to read your blog on my phone but not comment.


I have been thinking about you and I will be praying for you this afternoon when you have your spinal tap. I wish I could be there to help in some way, I know you must be so scared.

Good luck my wonderful friend!!!

cathyj said...

It's 1:30, and I know you are sitting at the doctor's office waiting. I'm praying for you right now. I pray you can relax and feel God's presence and peace. This is all in HIS hands.
Love ya!