All right, have you ever started out the day with a full tank of energy, had grand plans, and just petered out?
I'm there, girlfriends, I'm there.
I started out SO WELL!
I woke up early - my usual time - 5am.
The kids and hubby up, and out the door on time.
I showered. Laundry in.
I straightened up. Grocery list made.
Shelly and I even made a quick trip to Goodwill (no great finds to brag about...).
I grocery shopped - I even remembered the ingredients to the new recipe for Chicken Rollatini I clipped out of my women's magazine (it was part of a spaghetti sauce add - it looks tasty...spears of asparagus wrapped in salami, provolone and chicken that has been tenderized to 1/4" thick and covered in grated parmasan and spaghetti sauce - yummy!). I forgot the recipe for that and some healthy pancakes I plan on baking on the counter - and remembered all the ingredients (which included buckwheat flour - I cannot believe I remembered THAT!).
I planned on coming home, making dinner ahead of time, so all I had to do was heat it up, making 2 dozen egg/cheese/Canadian bacon/Engish muffins and freezing them for breakfasts (you can easily wrap them in DAMP paper towels and microwave them for 2 minutes and they will be perfect - not chewy), a few dozen pancakes and freeze them for more choices for breakfast (per the kids' request), and rice krispie bars for lunches (we're running low on snacks).
Heck, I'm tired just thinking about it.
It's dreary here. It just saps my energy. And, I'm not sure I feel very good. I'm really not very in-touch with my feelings when it comes to my body. I think I may be sick.
But, I have all these ingredients and I should make all this stuff.
I had such good intentions at the beginning of the day.
Such big plans.
Do you ever do this?
I don't do this often.
But, I feel like crawling back into bed.
I really do.
Can you be honest with me?
Do you ever start out with plans that are just too big for your day, and you don't realize it until you're half finished and you've run out of steam?
I'm there.
7 comments:
All. The. Time.
I think you just accomplished more in your grocery shopping trip than most women do in one day! It's really tough being a mom and some days we just need to rest and relax. I know that I do, that's for sure! I'm feeling it a lot lately, just the need for additional sleep (which stinks because I'm out by about 8:30 at night lately and still dragging my tired body out of bed around 6:30!). Ugh. Does it ever stop?!! :)
Yes that happens to me. And if I don't stop myself and take a long break, I get run down and feel like I'm coming down with something.
Baking can wait. Cleaning can wait. Heck, dinner can wait! Get some rest and reenergize for tomorrow!
Wow... you are amazing to precook like that for your family!! My kids are lucky to get pancakes! or scrambled eggs!!
Yes. All too often!! =) last week we had a bug or two in our house... it was all I could do to just blog and teach my little man basic school!
I need summer... or I need to live in California!! =) but this week is off to a better start! I think!
Did you ever get a puppy and realize ... it is WAY more work that you expected!? =) I love him... I am lost without him now.. but he sucks up SOOOO much time! lol!
Just Jenn~
I am there everyday...is that sad? I always start out thinking I can accomplish my big list of projects but I usually don't get everything done.
Your recipe sounds delicious and love your thinking of fix ahead breakfasts!
I have been there more then a few times!! :0)
Yes, I have been there plenty of times! As Moms we forget about ourselves sometimes and burn out! That was me on Sunday and a little bit yesterday too. Relax, put your feet up and rest. Tomorrow is a new day and you can do it all then :o)
Post a Comment