Thursday, February 25, 2010

What A Great New Thursday Find!

I am having a really hard day. I can't really elaborate. It would involve telling you somebody else's story, and I'm not at liberty to tell. So, I was SO PUMPED when I went to check out Jen's blog (at 3 Little Monkeys) and found this new blog hop. If you go to Confessions of A Working Mom, you can join in!


The (Un)Experienced Mom and Confessions of A Working Mom will be collaborating each week to come up with a question...and we'll be asked to share our Top 3 answers!

This week:

What are the Top 3 reasons why you blog?

  1. I love to connect with other people. One of my favorite activities is meeting my girlfriends at the coffee shop, and chatting over a cup of coffee. This gives me the opportunity to meet you, and hear your stories. I love to see how we are all the same in some ways, and to hear how different we are in other ways. I learn so much from reading about you.
  2. I love to write. I love to tell my stories, and I sure have a captive audience when you come visit me! :) I tried Facebook, and had an unfortunate incident I don't care to recall, but it didn't work for me, anyhow...I am way too long-winded! lol I like to write a few paragraphs, not a few sentences (as if you didn't notice)! That's how I talk, too...that's why I speak at women's retreats...I have a captive audience there - usually for an hour or more! :)
  3. I have an "inner circle" of bloggy friends that seems to be growing. You know who you are! We check in on each other on a regular basis - daily, every other day, weekly. And that circle seems to be growing. I didn't think I'd really develop bloggy buddy friendships. After all, they're "virtual" friendships, right? The joke was on me - I truly care about these women. I think about them when I'm not on-line (like when I was purchasing my camera, about their moving escapades, those that live across the border - both state and country, those I'll meet soon - the list goes on and on). This reason is the most surprising to me, but the sweetest. This is the reason I keep coming back - to see if you've left me a comment yet! (Your comments really DO make my day!)

Thanks for the great blog hop! What a blast! I hope next week's is just as fun!

10 comments:

Seizing My Day said...

Pennie ~ I love being in your blogging community! My friends outside of blogging have NO idea how many beautiful people they can meet here in blogland!! =) You are one of my peeps and I love visiting with you! sorry you are having a hard day! I just read a beautiful post that talks about not looking back... God gives us a new day each day! I hope your tomorrow .. or even your later... brings you a smile or two! Blessings!
Just Jenn~

Helga said...

Pennie, I'm sorry to read that you are having a difficult day. I hope it gets better soon.

Your answers to these questions were awesome, I feel the same way as you do. I love the friendships we have made through blogging and I love getting to know all of you wonderful ladies. We really have to have a get together in the near future.

Have a wonderful night :o)

TheFitHousewife said...

So glad to have you as my bloggy buddy friend!

j said...

hi pennie,
i love reading your blog and like that i stumbled upon it by accident. you know they say there are never any accidents in life. well, keep writing your paragraphs so that i can keep reading. sorry you had a bad.

Laura said...

Isn't blogging great!?! I never thought I would make bloggy friends either and now some of my best in real life friends I met through blogging!!

Vanessa said...

Thank you for the comment! I also love the friends that I keep in my computer. ;-)

Stacey said...

I love blogging and reading blogs, but I don't feel like I have a lot to say most of the time. I just can't seem to give it up though.
I am glad that I found your blog.

Confessions From A Work-At-Home Mom said...

I'm so excited you played along... and that T3T gave you reason to smile today. I guess that could have been one of my reasons for blogging, too; even when I'm feeling down, ladies like you cheer me right back up!

~Elizabeth
Confessions From A Working Mom

Kami said...

I love your heart! I love your love for relationship and connections with those who read your blog. This is what drew me to you and this is what makes me proud to call you my friend! :)

Unknown said...

I love your reasons for blogging! It's amazing the sense of community and friendship that can be found through blogging. I'm a new follower! Have a great weekend!