I was in bed last night, unable to sleep. And then, it hit me...I found something to put my mind at ease...today is Five Question Friday! I'm not kidding! I really have come to look forward to 5QF. So, if you want, click on the icon below and it will take you to Five Crooked Halos, where Mama M will tell you how you can join the blog hop and play along. Or, just have fun reading my answers and comment how you would have answered. Either way - please do comment! (Everyone loves the comments!)
1. Do you sing karaoke? If so, what is your go to song?
I've never sang in a bar or anything, but I got my daughter a karaoke machine when she was about 5 or 6 for a Christmas gift. My friend Roxanne also had Christmas party once and had one out. I was more chicken to sing on that, in front of the 50+ people at the party than I am to crank it out on Bridgette's in the privacy of our own home!
I like the country tunes. My fave? "How Do I Live" By LeeAnn Rimes - it has great range...and I can actually HIT those notes
2. What is your favorite coffee drink?
I like plain bold coffee, but every once in a while in the summer I like a Mocha Lite Frappuccino
3. If you could choose your own name, what would it be?
Oh, I like Pennie Bixler. There's this friend of mine that teases me about it. She says it sounds like Junie B. Jone's sidekick. "Pennie Bixler" (she says it really fast, in a high pitched voice). That makes me like it more!
I like the name Markie for a girl, too. I wanted to name Bridgette that, but Mike wouldn't let me. Bridgette has thanked him profusely ever since she's found out about it. :)
4. Were you ever bullied?
Yes. I was the little fat girl in a small, private school. I hung around with the boys, but never really considered "dating material." Then, I went to a public high school where I knew nobody, and my body started to change and all hell broke loose! I was put in my place pretty quickly, though, by the tough girls in school. I was not tough. I'm still not a "tough girl," not in the physical sense, anyhow. (I do have a high pain tolerance, though. I probably have those years to thank for that...) lol I am very tough when it comes to handling a lot of stress and hard circumstances, though. And, God always surrounds me with women friends who are "tough" in the physical sense. I'm very soft, though.
5. How often do you eat fast food?
I don't really care for fast food, so as little as possible, if I can help it. I take a migraine medicine that has changed my taste buds and I cannot stand pop and a lot of fried food - so that rules out most drinks and food at fast food joints. I like sit down places anyhow, where I can linger over my food and enjoy conversation. The only exception I make is when I go with my mom friends and they need a restaurant with a play-place for their kids. Then, I usually get a coffee and a salad or one of those little wraps or burrito things. And I rarely finish it. It's more for looks. Horrible stuff! But, I'll do it for the conversation and company of my friends! :)
I CANNOT WAIT to read your answers, so please leave a comment and head over to the blog hop. I always check out the blogs of those who comment on my blog. And, have a great weekend!!!!

16 comments:
I need one of those pills that kills the taste buds for pop and fried foods! I usually only go out for BBQ or mexican.
I think I too would like karaoke in the privacy of my own home :-)
yes, pennie...i agree...we'll be two of the hippest old ladies around!! :)
have a great weekend!! :)
cute blog layout...it looks like spring!!
i second that, you cannot go wrong with a mocha frap!
Great blog..love it! I'm gonna have to get in on this 5 Question Friday...sounds like fun :)
Visiting from "Friday Follow"..I'm your newest follower! Love for you to come visit me!
Have a great weekend!
~Shelley @ Shelley's Swag
Hmmm, I'm thinking if I ever can't come up with a Note to Self on Friday, I'm going to have to check this out! :-D I *wish* I didn't like fast food, but I doooo, so much!! Probably better to not like it though!
My childhood best friend was named Penny. It's such a cute name.
Thanks for linking up with Friday Follow! I am now your blog follower. Have a wonderful weekend and pleasure to meet ya.
~ Lynn
http://www.middayescapades.com
What? You're telling me that the amazing, public speaking Pennie Bixler doesn't sing karaoke?! That made me smile! I feel like I was reading my own answers to these questions! You are such a wonderful woman, my dear friend - thank you for sharing! :)
Kami, you crack me up! If you sang with me, I'd probably HAVE to do it!
I am not a huge Karaoke girl...I did once sing Black Velvet by Alana something or other...it was horrible!
I love my plain ol coffee too!
Its funny I can't see me as anything other than Jen but I think if I had to go under cover or something I'd choose...oh my gosh I can't think of anything....ummm.... Paige but that is my middle name! That was a tough question.
Hope you have a great weekend ;)
~Jen~
I wish I didn't have a taste for fast food :o) I don't like burgers but I am loving fried chicken right now :o( One thing that drives me crazy when I go out to eat though is that I too do not drink soda and they never have anything else to offer me!!! I don't want to have to drink Fruit Punch that tastes like red sugar water...ugh that stuff is so gross!!!
I would be the tough friend that you are talking about :o) I have a mouth on me that will scare anyone away (not bad language, I can just talk my way out of a fight and I can scare someone out of being mean to someone :o)
hm.. new Junie B. series... Pennie B. meets JennyB. lol! I am often called JennyB by my old friends and my hubby~ Jenny bean that is!
I am with you on the fast food - ick! But once in a while I crave it... a big yummy juicy burger from Big Tom's ... the local burger joint... and they have the greasy yucky tater tots that every once in a long while... I have to have!?!
Have a lovely weekend Pennie!
JennyB. ;) aka Just Jenn
Like your karaoke story ;-)
There are pills to kill the taste buds? Really? That's cool!
Thanks for your comment :-)
I wish my taste buds would not crave fast food. I got my little girl a karoke machine too.
Thanks for following me, I am now following you from Friday Follow!
I wish I didn't like fast food...but I do! Consider yourself very lucky!
Great answers...I like the name Pennie too! My parents used to call me Jenny Penny all the time...and they still do sometimes.
Post a Comment