Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Two Things I Love...Around My Home


Kassi at Backwoods Fern is at it again. Go to her blog to link up to this week's game of "Two Things I Love...Around My Home."

This brass and marble lamp was given to me by my mom. (Thanks, Mom!) I remember when she and my dad got this - I must have been in Kindergarten...a LONG time ago! It used to sit on a coffee table in my childhood home. She used to make a big deal about it because it was solid brass and marble. This thing weighs a TON!!!!!
Just look at this marble slab and the intricate brass markings. I just think it's so exquisite in a gaudy kinda way. I love it. My husband puts up with it. He thinks some of the things I think are beautiful (like the red velvet chest this lamp sits on, and the lamp itself) belong in a brothel. He's ultra conservative and I'm more on the other end of things. Opposites attract, now don't they? :)


Now, I love me some good coffee, so naturally my kitchen sports the cafe' motif. I love this metal sign and metal cup o' joe!

Those are just two things I love around my house this week. Thanks for stopping by! Oh - don't forget...less than a week left to enter my giveaway for the Children's book "This Little Prayer of Mine" to be released in bookstores the middle of this month.

4 comments:

Kassi said...

great two things! i love brass and i love coffee!
thanks for playing along!

Fallon said...

LOVE coffee and I love your wall hanging :)

Laura said...

Love the safe sign, very cool!!

Brianne said...

I love the cafe look!!