Tuesday, February 23, 2010

In Celebration of Estrogen

Today was a wonderful day full of some of my favorite things! It was one of those days that I didn't mind my 5:15am wake up time - I bounded out of bed, full of energy (not always the case, mind you...) - because I knew that today was a FUN DAY!!!!
I promised Aaron I'd give him and his sister a ride to school because he had to carefully transport his science project (it was a proton, or electron or molecule or some model that required bits of wire and play-dough and cardboard and things), so after doing that, I was free to get ready and be on my way to Cathy's - an hour away. It was snowing hard half the way there - but, no matter! I was on my way to Kris Ann's (belated) birthday party.
Cathy's hubby Kyle made us all crepes with his famous Elder Berry jam before heading out the door to work (what a guy!) - and then it was a morning filled with girlie yacking and of course an array of home-made goodies (Shelby's scones were to DIE FOR!). Kris Ann ended up feeling really loved, which was the goal - and we all got a morning of estrogen filled giggles and chatting and nibbling. PERFECT.
And THEN...since my mom lives nearby...she met me after her morning Bible study and insisted on treating me to lunch (that stinker, she never lets me pay...when Mike is with me, he manages to wrestle the check from her, but she never lets ME!). Anyhow, we had the most wonderful lunch (I wasn't really hungry after all that nibbling, so I just pushed my food around my plate...). We spent about two hours talking away. I just love my mom! I stopped at Shop-Ko before coming home - Mike loves Brach's jelly beans...and, 'tis the season! I got a few bags to hide in his underwear drawer. He can find them in the morning for a little surprise. (Sssshhhh! Don't tell!)
Then, I rushed home - and here I am visiting with you. I need to go iron Mike's shirts now and get dinner on. (Shake N Bake chicken on buns and Tater Tots with a green salad...not super-fancy, but it will do.)
That's it for my day, so far. I know, it doesn't seem earth-shattering, but it was really fun - spent with some of my "girls." :) I love that! Thanks for letting me share!

6 comments:

TheFitHousewife said...

Wow...5:15 is early!
Sounds like a fun day. Isn't lunch with mom great? My mom always insists on paying too!

Helga said...

My Mamma always pays too. That's what Moms are for, we are going to be like that too with our children :o) Glad to hear you had fun today!!

Daisygirl said...

Sounds like a fabulous day! I think I am due for an estrogen filled day!

Laura said...

Sounds like a wonderful day!! And dinner sounds good too. :) I had lunch with my mom today too, moms are the best!

Seizing My Day said...

Sounds like a great girly day! I love days like that! ;) it is raining in Washington now ... we knew it would not last... but what a treat to have lawn mowing weather this last weekend! he he! if you ever visit family in Portland... I am only 2 hours away! ;)
Just Jenn~

Kami said...

The title of your post made me assume it was going to be an emotional type of day! I suppose estrogen does not always equal hormones! :)

Love and miss you!