Thursday, February 4, 2010

Review and Giveaway...Not Yet Released Children's Book on Prayer by Anthony DeStefano

Author Anthony DeStefano is coming out with his first Children's Book this month, titled, "This Little Prayer of Mine!" He mailed me a copy to review here on my blog, in exchange for a signed copy to give away to one lucky winner who will be picked at random!

This book is endorsed by Dr. James and Shirley Dobson's daughter Danae Dobson, Bernice A. King, daughter of Martin Luther King Jr. and Pat and Shirley Boone just to name a few. It is also officially endorsed by the National Day of Prayer.

The book is about the different types of prayer children can pray. I really like that although DeStefano encourages children to petition God for things they want, he touches on the truth that God desires for us to share our feelings of sadness and uncertainty with Him, along with our praise and thanksgiving. I think he does a fabulous job of taking a complicated topic and simplifying it into a sing-song lyrical rhyme of a picture book with lovely illustrations that both children and parents will love.

Would you like to own "This Little Prayer of Mine" for the child in your life? You can win a FREE copy! All you have to do is enter! There are three ways to have an entry in this giveaway:
1. Comment on this post with your email address.
2. Become a follower of this blog (If you're already a follower, just comment letting me know you're already a follower.)
3. Post on your blog about this giveaway, linking to this post.

You can have up to three entries! I will be picking a winner at random on February 15th. Good luck!

See "This Little Prayer of Mine" promo here.

10 comments:

Laura said...

Looks like a great book, my kids would love it!

Laura said...

I follow of course ;)

Kelley said...

I did a review for him too- and you're right. He does a fantastic job with a complicated topic!

Kris Ann K. Erickson said...

Hey you! Looks great!

Here's your comment - and, as you know, I follow - AND you've got my email addy! :-)

Yours Truly said...

A book on prayer... I'm in!

Trudy
onlyjustine at yahoo dot com

Julie said...

A lovely book for children :)

aunteegem@yahoo.com

Julie said...

follower
aunteegem@yahoo.com

Bombtastic Belle said...

This sounds like a beautiful book :) Thanks for the chance.
eod_army_wife04(at)yahoo(dot)com

Keely said...

First off..I follow yooouuu!!

Keely said...

I think my kids would totally dig the book..

Pick moi..;-)

keely.mann@gmail.com