I just got back from SAMmy's!
We had a seminar day today - and it was awesome! A seminar day is a break from our usual Bible study format. Each SAMmy's small group gets a turn to plan a seminar day througout the year. (My small group will have a turn in February.)
This seminar day was planned by Melissa's group. Kudos to Melissa's group, let me tell you. It was GREAT!
The theme they chose was relaxation and thankfulness, and the atmosphere reflected that - from the relaxing music to the flickering candle centerpieces and coordinated tablecloths/dinnerware to the soup and salad that we were DEFINITELY thankful for!
One of the activities involved cards that Amanda made with ice breaker questions (i.e. "What Thanksgiving traditions does your family celebrate?"). It's not like the group of friends I sat with needed any ice breakers...Megan, Stephanie, Jen, Jocelyn, and I sat by Cindy and Amanda...we were pretty much on a roll without the questions - I think we only tackled one of three or four. We were having so much fun! We needed about four or five more hours to get through our questions - we are a bunch of TALKERS - watch out! We would be the girls who got separated in class for talking...not that that ever happened to me in school or anything. :)
The rest of the morning, we had Tracy, Beauti Control Extraordinaire take us through a relaxation exercise, reciting Scripture and using relaxation techniques and a wonderful warm face cloth for each of us. It was fabulous. Afterwards, a few people approached her to purchase products (although that wasn't her main intention), and so she ended up donating 20% of the proceeds to SAMmy's-Hudson - Thanks, Tracy! You rock!
Our hosts also organized an assembly line where we were able to make a layered pumpkin bread in a jar, minus the jar...due to cost; we made them in ziplocks and then put the ziplocks in festive holiday home made cloth bags, tied them with rick rack and ended up with a neat little holiday giftie.
What a fun morning spent with my girlies. (As Jocelyn says, my "besties", right Joss? Are you reading this? Have you fired up that computer yet?)
Well, now I'm off to my next item of business...I've borrowed Kimberly's air popper - and I'm off to make a BUNCH of carmel corn for the SAMmy's bake sale this weekend. If any of you bake sale pros out there have any good ideas for bake sale best sellers...I'm all ears, here. Any great ideas for great presentation of goods? What sells best? What's worked best for you? I'm open to suggestions...I've got two days to get my bake on...
Here's hoping I don't set the oven on fire, right girls? And, if I do, I'll be sure to snap a picture of it before the house goes up in flames...so I can blog about it.
1 comment:
What fun! I can identify with the talkers. No matter what group I'm in it seems to be an easy conversation!~
Wierd - The word verification to post a comment right now is "verse". I've never had a real word before....WHAT VERSE THOUGH????????
Post a Comment