Tuesday, November 24, 2009

My Secret Mission

Today has been errand running day - I love errand running day! I wake up to a list of things to do - already planned (or, I generally cannot get it all done). My coupons and ads are stacked neatly on the snackbar stool and after I trot the kids out the door for the bus, I can do my devotions, hop in the shower and it's off to do my thing! I stop for a cup of joe at Caribou Coffee and it's go, go, go! I feel organized and efficient - and much gets done! *LOVE IT*
Today, one really fun thing I had on my list was to shop for my Secret Ornament Gift Exchange. I participated in this blogger's exchange sponsored by Valerie at It's A Wonderful Life. We had to visit our secret blogger over the past few weeks, and pick out an ornament or ornaments that equalled at least $20.
My Secret Blogger was Misty Wagner of Rainy Day In May. I've been spying on her almost daily, and it's been really fun getting to know her. I picked out some cute glass ornaments that look kind of old-fashioned (she mentioned she liked vintage ornaments - the best I can do to match her descriptions of her "faves" - not perfect, but the best I can do with the stores around this area). I can picture them on my grandmother's tree...I hope she likes them. I hit a tremendous sale at Herberger's (I'm a coupon and sale queen - even at the more elite stores in the Twin Cities)...and spent only a little over the price limit (but hit close to it), but the value of them was over $45! So, I feel pretty good about the quality of the gift I'm getting to send to my Secret Blogger friend! I really enjoyed shopping for these ornaments and for picking out what I think she would like! What do you think? They're glass with glittery accents. (Hard to tell from the photo, I know...)
Well, I better go get these guys ready for mailing tomorrow! And then it's folding clothes, scrubbing toilets and cutting raw veggies for Thanksgiving for me...what can I say? I have a way glamorous life! Have a great day!

6 comments:

Brianne said...

I totally agree. When I have things to do and a plan, I get more done. When there are days I have nothing to do,I feel like its a waste of day and I accomplished nothing!

Those ornaments are adorable!!

Helga said...

I love the snow man ornaments. I think she will be really happy with them!!

I have to say I agree with you and Brianne both, I get a lot more done when I have a list and plan the day rather than just go out into the world blind. I spend more money that way too!!

momstheword said...

Oh she'll love them. They are adorable! I love snowmen and have to cut myself off as they are so cute they're addicting!

~ Nan

PippaD said...

They are lovely - I like glittery things.

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

What a great package....

McVal said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by! Your secret person is going to LOVE these!
Val