Friday, November 20, 2009

The Fever

The fever has hit. No, not swine flu. Here in my house in the Midwest, it's even worse. It's here...
My husband hasn't taken a sick day in his life. But, he's home today. Poor guy. I don't think he could barely sleep. And, the way my teenage son was acting, I know he'll be out of school at noon. I even wrote him a note.
Come to think of it, my father-in-law and brother-in-law have come down with the same fever and will be here around noon, too...
Yes - hunting fever is upon us, girls. And, the boys around here have it real bad.
It's not JUST for boys, mind you - a few of my nieces hunt. When I went into Scheel's (a sporting goods store in Eau Claire), I did see pink guns (honestly!) for beginners!
But, in the Bixler family, it's the boys that have it bad. And, three generations go out hunting and bond and bring home the bacon...er...I mean, venison. :)
Oh, and the girls have a "girlie weekend" full of slumber parties, shopping and girlie fun. So, who am I to complain????

4 comments:

Helga said...

Hahaha I thought you were really talking about a fever :o) I'm very blonde...what can I say :o) Good luck to the men folk and I hope you girls enjoy yourselves!!!

Kami said...

I love this post! You definitely had me going .. I was confused as to why your in-laws had the fever and were coming to YOUR house! :)

Julie said...

LOL!!! My Dad hunts too! I wonder when he'll get it.

He & Me + 3 said...

You had me going there for a while about sickness...great fun post. Hope the girls had a fun weekend and thanks for stopping by my blog today. I love meeting new people.
Mimi