Monday, November 9, 2009

Bargain Brag

Okay, I'm officially a coupon addict. This is not just a term. I have a high right now. Really. Euphoria. Totally.

I have been checking out some budget coupon and freebie blogs. Nothing I can do full throttle yet - I would end up in a heap on the floor. But, today I tried some of the advice I learned from some link I ended up on from http://www.gettingallmyducksinarow.com/ . I went to Walgreens...I don't usually shop there - especially not for groceries...but, this week I read about a coupon in Sunday's paper - there's a $5 off a purchase of $25 (after all coupons are deducted).This website taught me that the good thing about Walgreens is that 1. You can use Walgreens Sunday coupons 2. You can use Walgreens in-store coupons (they have a November booklet available right by the door) 3. You can go on-line and find even more 4. You can use manufacturer's coupons IN ADDITION to the Walgreens coupons - for the same item!

Well, they had a lot of baking items for sale this week - and the season for baked goods is coming up! I have stock piled all sorts of coupons from the Sunday newspapers for name brand baking supplies, so I had about $5 in manufacturer's coupons that qualified for things on sale at Walgreens right off the bat! I found about $11 in Walgreen's coupons between the Sunday paper ad and their Nov. booklet in-store. Their advertised savings gave me another almost $4 of savings!

So, my total before any savings were taken off was $ 46.42.
After the savings were subtracted, my final bill was $ 19.80!

I didn't purchase anything I wouldn't normally buy. Soup, bread, Crisco, chocolate chips, margarine, chocolate chips, Head & Shoulders shampoo, etc. All were at final prices that I thought were deals (original prices? Not so much...) I mean, look at this - these are all name brands and some of these are generally more expensive items...
All this for $19.80...I love a great bargain...I could really get into this...

5 comments:

Kami said...

I love a great bargain, too! What a great find :)

PotterMama said...

That is a GEAT deal!!!!! Ive been meaning to get into using coupons and such, now I think i really am!

Brianne said...

I love a good coupon! And I am lucky to have a recycling program that awards us coupons! Its great! A year ago I could not have been bothered but its like a game now, how can I save more money at the grocery store!

Maura said...

Wow! I am feeling inspired. I love a good deal. Especially when baking is evolved:)

Megan M. said...

I've got to do a better job with the coupons! Our problem ends up being that hubby and I both hit the stores, so we'd have to figure out the best way to distribute the coupons. Have to work on that. Until then, I have a little something for you!
Go here!