Sunday, January 2, 2011

Sharing My Life...One Year At A Time

2011. There - I haven't had a chance to actually write the number yet. Now I have. It feels good. New beginnings. I like that. It's like starting a new journal...love that feeling. (BTW...I am almost at the end of my current journal...can't wait to start a new one and review who I was when I started this journal, and who I am now!!! That's so insightful!)

Anyhow, now that we're done with 2010 (Does anyone else feel like cheering? ...maybe just a little bit???) - I have to do that post...you know the one. I have to review the year. But, this year I'm going to review the year we've shared TOGETHER...and how it's changed me. Because, this blog helps me to see things differently. I get to process things by writing them on this blog. I get to process my thoughts and my feelings. I'm pretty honest on this blog. The only place I'm more honest is that personal place in my head that I don't let anyone see...and in my journal (because I write that to God and God alone), and maybe a friend or two (you know who you are). But I'm pretty transparent here...because there are a WHOLE LOT OF PEOPLE who don't read this. Trust me. They could care less. Frankly, that's a good thing. It allows me to write what I want...

So, to review 2010...the good, the bad, and the ugly...but mostly what I experienced with you and because of you...

First of all, in January I received a really great gift from my hubby. I had been visiting a few of your blogs - namely Maura's (Fostering Awareness) and Heather's (Traveling Down The Tracks of Life with D & H) and noticed their awesome pictures. I had asked both Maura and Heather which camera they used and they BOTH used the same - a Canon Rebel! Well...Hubby pulled through and in January surprised me with one. What a guy! I've been pestering Heather and Maura with questions about photography ever since. I haven't looked at the world the same since.

In March, I blogged about some weird tingling I had in my leg, and the doctor's appointment and MRI that followed. Your prayers and comments brought me peace beyond belief as you lived those life-changing days with me as I was diagnosed with Multiple Schlerosis. (My posts from those two days - March 16th and March 17th  are still my most read posts, according to my Stat-counter!) The major blast of steroids weeks later stopped the extreme flare-up as the symptoms progressed. That was such a scary time for me!!!! What would I have done without you??? I felt close to my bloggy buddy community, but many of you - especially Helga, Jen, Jenn, Maura, Shelly, Cathy, Laura, KrisAnn, Shelly K, Kami and Stacy who checked in on me and gave me words of encouragement on a regular basis - you were my lifeline at that time...and I am forever grateful! Again, I haven't looked at the world the same since M.S. has altered my world.

In April I was still suffering from my MS flare-up, but got a jolt of steroids to get me on the mend...which worked, thank God! I was able to attend and help coordinate (and speak at) my women's ministry conference at the Embassy Suites...not a second too soon, either! It was AMAZING...probably because I work with an AMAZING team of women. But it was was really a trip - above & beyond what I could have imagined. And, I got to share it all in photos on my blog - and everyone was as excited as I was, because they knew what kind of hell I had just been through...and everyone left really kind comments and you all really celebrated with me...I could tell. Do you know what that meant to me? You are the best group of bloggy buddies EVER! I felt like such a part of something special - a piece of something bigger.

It tickles me that I got two Christmas cards this year from two bloggy friends - Jen G. and Kami (My Beautiful Day). I met Kami this year in person! I hope to meet more bloggy friends some time. I know I should have met Laura (The Bignells) by now...she lives in the next town over, for Pete's sake!

Jenn (Seizing my Day) told me of some "not to miss" things when I told you all that my fam and I were planning to go to Glacier National Park in July. When I saw the Weeping Wall, I thought of you, Jenn! And, when we were there, I thought of you Jen G. (3 Little Monkeys) because I knew you lived not too far from there...well, closer than I had ever been, anyhow - and when you had posted pics of your golf trip after that on the same mountain range...well, I just smiled.

We've traded recipes and craft ideas. I might recognize you and your family if I saw you on the street, and you might recognize me and mine. I love to hear about your day and to learn about how you organize your house, and what you purchase. If you are a working woman, I love to hear about your job. If you are a mom, I love to hear about your parenting and about your family. I love that you let me rant and rave, that you let me dream on and ramble....like this.

We're all part of the same world, girls. Even if we're located all over the world. (I have friends in the US, Iceland, Canada, South Africa...everywhere!) I think of you all the time - all of you. You are part of my life!

We've done this year together. The ups and downs. Many of the things I do nobody would care about, but I can blog about it...and YOU care! Thank you for that. I matter to SOMEBODY! What I did today matters to SOMEBODY! (I bought a wool coat today...on SALE...ANNE KLEIN no less!!!) ;)  So many of the things we did together this year...the big things and many of the little things I probably can't even remember have no doubt changed the way I look at life.
Thanks for living this out with me.
I can't wait to see what 2011 brings.
I think I'll begin with time management.
Maybe I'll write about that next.
(But not take too much time doing it...) tee hee

10 comments:

Kurtzhals said...

Oh girl....this has been a big year for you hasn't it?
Your blog has grown so mucy, and your willingness to share so much with cyberspace is only showing the world that you are the hands and feet.....bringing His beautiful grace and glory to each of us with each post.
Much love to you my sweet friend.
Here's to another year of learning more from Pennie B :)

CM said...

Blessings to you, my friend. You have such a positive attitude, even through life's challenges. I hope you have a wonderful New Year!

Seizing My Day said...

Penny I am so so thankful God brought you into my life!! =) You are wonderful!! and I love blogging with you!! Maybe we will get to meet this year?!! How many hours from Glacier are you?? ha ha!?? seriously!??

Seizing My Day said...

I think you were one of my first friends in the land o blog!! =)

Seizing My Day said...

Oh my gosh I am a nerd... oh well...
I am SO jealous you have a Rebel!! How did I NOT know that?!! =)

Stacey said...

Pennie- You're a wonderful person, and I am so thankful I found your blog. Here is to another year of blogging, and building an even closer relationship with our magnificent God!

Helga said...

I am jealous of the Rebel too and one fine day I am going to own one of my own :)

Pennie, I am so thankful for our friendship and I LOVE reading your blog and miss you and worry about you like crazy when you are not around. I look forward to many more years of friendship and I look forward to the day we actually meet (I know that is going to happen one day), I'm gonna be in NYC in March :)

2010 was a crazy year and one I have to say, I am glad is done. 2011 is for a new beginning :) I have lots going on this year that I am gonna be telling you all on my blog very soon....it has to do with my trip stateside in March :)

Laura said...

You are such an amazing woman, your positive attitude about everything is contagious, I just love it! I hope 2011 is wonderful for you, you deserve it! (And I agree, we definitely should have met by now!!) :)

Oh and I love your story about the cell phones in your comment, how cool it that!? What cool parents you are. I will have to try and remember that someday, way far away. :)

McVal said...

I love your outlook on life. It's been a huge year for us too. Not much that I'll write about publicly, but a lot has gone on and a lot has changed...
I look forward to 2011!

TheFitHousewife said...

I love your post Pennie! We are all here through the ups and downs, that's what (bloggy) friends are for. I love reading about your amazing spirit, you truly inspire me everyday!