Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Tues News

Yesterday I held a baby that was just a few hours old! My friend Jocelyn had a little baby boy - 7 pounds, 1 ounce. What a delicious feeling! Little Nathan Lawrence...it was really the highlight of my Monday...probably my week, really - how can you top a thing like that???? I love babies! You should have seen this little guy - all pink and with this mop of black hair...and he squeaked...but mostly slept. :) *loved it!*

Then there's today. I've only been awake a few hours. I wish I was back holding a baby. I'm reminding myself of a quote by J. Henry Jowett: "God doesn't comfort us to make us comfortable, but to make us comforters." That sounds like a nice quote, right? It's a difficult one to swallow when you want to be mad at somebody instead of comforting them! Yes, you read that right! I promised myself I wouldn't blog the particulars, but somebody I love did something STUPID and I won't embarrass them by blogging the details, but I'm really FRUSTRATED with that person!!! I have already told them that I wish they would have told me about this sooner, so it wouldn't have turned into an even bigger problem (well, actually I "told them loudly"...). I stopped myself before I made this person feel worse, because they really did feel bad - they didn't do it on purpose (but it was SO IRRESPONSIBLE I could scream!).
So - I take a deep breath - and I've vented to you (thank you for listening). I'm going to try to fix this today. I'm not sure I can. I tried to fix it already once and failed. I doubt they can fix it. Sincerely doubt it. Ugh. It makes me sick. But, I'm going to practice giving grace...because you know what? I've been stupid, too. And, God has comforted me in my stupidity. And, I've been forgiven. So, now that I've vented and made a plan, I'm going to be graceious and help this person by being encouraging and I'm not going to be angry anymore.
They will have to face the consequences, and that will be punishment enough, I guess...
There...
"God doesn't comfort us to make us comfortable, but to make us comforters." Now it's time to put that into action. Sheesh - easier said than done...
Thanks for listening to my rant. :) Happier thoughts tomorrow.
I hope!

9 comments:

McVal said...

Oh my... I've been where you are! On more than one occasion with the same person. I'm afraid to say that I didn't handle it as graciously as I could have...

Laura said...

I was just thinking of Jocelyn and wondering if she had her baby yet! Oh I am so happy for her and totally jealous you got to go hold him. :)

So sorry about the situation you are in, it really is hard especially when it's someone you love. I hope that you are able to work everything out. {hugs}

Heather said...

You have an admirable attitude about it. I am sure you will do a great job.

(I too LOVE babies.........I may have to stop sniffing them soon!)

Anonymous said...

I always loved holding my babies - and I did it so well. Now, when I hold babies they cry. It shatters my mommy-confidence - how can I be a grandma who makes babies cry (not happening yet).

I love your quote - it fits my teen challenges right now!

Helga said...

Now you have me really curious lol. I am so nosey :) I hope the situation works itself out. Remember that everything works out in the end (that is my life motto).

I love holding new babies...actually I love holding all babies :)

Have a great Wednesday!!!

Chell said...

Ohhhhh how I love the smell and sweetness of a newborn baby!

Hope everything works out with your other situation.

Kurtzhals said...

Hope it wasn't me :) XO jk....
Katy Stevens had her sweet little girl 2 days ago too!!! Week of babies huh???
I just did a blog post, that kinda talks about forgiveness and grace. Might be worth a read friend... not that I have insight on it or anything. WINK.

Seizing My Day said...

wow... I missed one doosey of a day!

I have not held a newborn in so long it hurts!! (sigh) My babies had lots of hair too... loved that!! babies are such blessings!!

I hope your situation has mellowed out and is on the mend... yikes.. I have never "seen" you this frustrated!~ I pray you are/were able to handle it as you hope/hoped!

Hugs!!

Karen Whittal said...

Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.................. YOU CAN DO IT