I just got back from SAMmy's. The format at SAMmy's goes something like this: 15 minutes before SAMmy's starts, the child care area opens up. Women check in their children and find a seat in the sanctuary. When it's time to start, I stand in front and teach a large group study that lasts about 30-45 minutes.
Then, we go to our classrooms. We have 3 different small group classrooms. I have 8 in my small group, but there were only 5 there today. All three groups are about the same size. We go through a 45 minute share and prayer time where we discuss the large group teaching and share prayer requests.
Today, my prayer request was this: I asked my SAMmy's Sisters to pray that I get this month's writing commitments done. I have approximately 12 hours of writing to do before the first part of next week. (Sigh.)
After SAMmy's Shelly & I went to Herberger's (...does that count as writing??? You DO realize this is how I used to do homework back in the day...) and bought 3 sweaters with a coupon for a grand total of $19! Amazing! Then, I rushed home to get some writing done.
Now, I'm updating my blog - because I want to feel connected...not exactly my writing commitments...
Uh...I guess wanting prayer doesn't mean it's magically going to happen - does it?
Will I go to my Word files and find that I forgot that I've done my writing already????
If only wishing were faith...
....ah, but it's not...
...and there is a grain of truth to the old adage - "God helps those who help themselves."
I think it's more like "The diligent find freedom in their work, the lazy are oppressed by their work." (Proverbs 12:24 - MSG) I'm afraid the writing is hanging over my head like a black cloud. I need to get it done, so I can cross it off my list and I can be FREE...at least until February, when I will have more writing to do...
So - I'm off to write...
Pray for me! ;)
6 comments:
That's how I did homework too! I am telling you, I would scrub the toilets before getting to my homework. :) Good luck girl, you can do it!!
I wrote you a really huge long comment about how much I hate the reports I am doing right now and then I though to myself that I am not gonna whine about my job to you....lets just say that I keep putting it off for another day until it is crunch time and then I am busting butt trying to get them done!
Good luck finishing your writing! I have said a prayer for you :)
Have a great Thursday!!!
You know that once you sit down to actually do the writing, it will flow and it will be an enjoyable thing. You're a woman of many amazing words, and I have no doubt that you'll put them together beautifully!
I'm praying for you that you will find the diligence to sit down and do the work! Pray for me that I have the diligence to get up and clean my house (after Ethan's bottle, of course)!! :)
Love you!
I am amazed that you can write "on demand" like that!! =) Hope you managed to get some done today!!
ps we don't do football... at all. the end. =) he he
May God give you the creativity and inspiration to help you complete your assignment.
I really like that quote from Proverbs. I've never heard it before, but totally fits for me too. Thank you!
You can do it! See, my child is the exact same. When I was in college, I loved the online classes, because they would post everything up front. I would lock myself in the office for a few days and complete it all... then goof off the rest of the time!
Post a Comment