Just take a few minutes and listen to this song. (Warning: It IS a country song. But, give it a chance...) Listen to the words. (Warning for those easily offended: the third word may offend. I apologize for that. I didn't write it. But, please don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. Listen to the overall message.) That's how I feel today. This is an older song, but I must have heard it recently, because it's been rolling around in my head for the past few days. Or, maybe that's just been my heart conjuring it up from somewhere...
You see, yesterday Bridgette and I went to church. The boys were gone turkey hunting so it was just us. It was a good service. Several people stopped us on the way out, and told us they were praying for me, regarding my MS diagnosis. It didn't seem intrusive or anything - they were truly concerned, you could tell. We had to shimmy out of there, because we had to change clothes. We were walking in the MS Walk that was going on in our hometown.
While we were getting ready, my friend Trina called. I asked what she was up to and she told me her daughter had a school program and they signed "Jesus Loves Me." Awww... She asked what I was up to and I told her. She asked when the walk was - I told her it started at 11. It was 10:50 at the time, so she said that she'd better let me go. After I hung up, I made a comment to Bridgette that I never had such a short phone conversation with Trina in my life, and wished I could have stayed on, hoping I hadn't been rude. Then, a little while later, the phone rang - I told Bridge that if it was Grandma, not to answer (only because I didn't know how to cut that call short...and we needed to dash out the door!) She read the caller I.D. and it was my friend Heather. Bridgette answered the phone and then hung up telling me she had the wrong number. Heather is 9 months pregnant...that happens!
Bridgette and I got to the MS walk, and the registration line was LONG. And, who found us in line???? Heather and Trina!!!! What a surprise! Heather told Bridgette on the phone that they were surprising me. You had to preregister for the walk, and they had done so a month prior. Isn't that sweet? We walked together - naming our team "Pennies From Heaven" and deamed this an annual event. Next year, I think we'll make t-shirts, like some of the teams there did.
I felt like both Trina and Heather were rewarded for their love toward me. Trina won a really cool door prize (a big basket of bath products) and Heather was given a big pan of bread from Great Harvest. It was pretty cool!
I feel blessed to have such great friends. I felt really loved. I was really surprised - and it takes a lot to surprise me...I usually figure things out. I cannot believe they kept this a secret for a month! Those sneaks...I love it!
Breathing in and out is a blessing, can't you see? I'm alive and well...just like the song says.
5 comments:
You have such great friends and I love it!!! It makes all the difference in the world to have wonderful people around you :o) I wish I could have been there to walk with you! Maybe one year I will be there :o)
Have a great Monday!
goose bumps!! Such blessings can come of what we perceive as not so great things.. In ALL things we can give thanks! It is so wonderful that you are blessed with beautiful friends and that you can see blessings in this crazyness right now! God will do great things in those around you Pennie! and in you! =)
Aww how sweet. There are truly some great people out there!!
Thanks for sharing that little story! Its quite uplifting!
That is so wonderful that your friends surprised you like that!
I'm glad you are seeing the blessings in life!
Praying for you.
~Heather
! It makes all the difference in the world to have wonderful people around you
free classified india
Post a Comment