Monday, May 24, 2010

Manic Monday Moment

Just got back from the hospital - weekly injection - and I threw a load of laundry in the wash quick before the effects of my shot kick in. I have the air conditioning on...it's supposed to be REALLY HOT today, and I will undoubtedly have a high fever...so I plan on keeping it REALLY COOL in here and read, and loaf around.

I made a casserole to throw in the oven at meal time, so I'm all prepared to RELAX today. I will be hanging my one load of laundry on the line, but that's all I'm pushing myself to do today. :) My casserole is Chicken Cashew Casserole...I've never tried it before. We'll see what the fam thinks... :) Poor little guinea pigs... :O)

My weekend was such a nice one. Thanks, Cathy, for praying for me. I did enjoy myself this weekend. Aaron got his black belt Saturday. It was a BIG GRADUATING CLASS - must have been 60 or 70 black belts graduating, I guess from all over the Twin Cities area. He had to perform in front of hundreds of people...and he did SPECTACULAR. We made the day all about him, and took him to Red Lobster, which was a surprise for him...and he was so grateful (which is a neat thing to see in a teenager *love it*!). When we got him home, we told him to take the dog for a walk. When he got in, we had some congratulations gifts on the table and a card. He was not expecting them - and was confused at first. (?What are these?) It was so cute! They were accessories for his paintball gun. He went out back in our yard and shot paintballs at a board set up against a wood pile. (Doesn't sound like fun to me, but it was a blast to him!) I made him this banana split brownie pie with a brownie crust and piles of ice cream scoops on top with ice cream toppings and banana and strawberry slices...very yummy! It was just a fun day!
And then, Sunday, we just had a fun day putzing around home doing house projects after church. Nothing special - but we did get a lot of stuff done. Later this week, I'll post pictures of our basement remodel project. It's finally (almost) done! Mike is calling the inspector this week. After he comes, Mike will hang our t.v. and surround sound (it's been in a box for almost two years - the warrantee's out of date and it's not out of the box yet - we haven't plugged it in to even see if it works!) and then we can shop for family room furniture and move Aaron downstairs into his new room! I cannot wait!

Well, I can feel the effects of my meds kicking in, so I better get into my jammies and hit the hay. I hope you all had a great weekend. I'm glad summer weather is coming our way - FINALLY! Even if it is way too hot - I'd really rather have hot weather than snow and cold...really. Sunshine is happy - snow and cold is sad. That's how I feel, anyhow.

Happy day!

11 comments:

Stacey said...

That sucks that your shot makes you sick.:(
Congrats to your son! That brownie pie sounds delicious!
It was really hot here too, so we had to turn the air on. I agree with you on the hot vs snow thing though!

Karen Whittal said...

I think as long as the son is shining no matter what the weather you just feel better. Hope you feel better soon.

Daisygirl said...

I hope your feeling alright. I think about you often.

It does sound like you had a fabulous weekend. So awesome about your son getting his black belt!
Can't wait to see your basement pictures!

cathyj said...

I prayed for you this morning too. I hope your day was ok!! I can't wait to see you Wednesday. You'll have to share that banana split brownie recipe :)
Love you!

Seizing My Day said...

Pennie ~ Your spirit is so amazing! You have such a beautiful attitude!
Sounds like a wonderful weekend too ~
I would LOVE to know the recipe for that Cashew chicken dish!! wink wink!
see you tomorrow!

Helga said...

Congrats to Aaron and congrats to you!!! It sounds like Aaron had a wonderful day on Saturday (of course you guys did too LOL). The banana split brownie pie made my mouth water reading about :oP

I´m so excited to hear that your basement is almost done YAH!!! I can´t wait to see pictures of the finished project!!

I hope you feel better :o) Have a great Tuesday!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
McVal said...

congrats to Aaron! As a Black Belt I know what he's gone thru to get to that point. Awesome!
I hope you have a great day and aren't as affected by the shot than you think it might.

Lindsay-ann said...

Sounds like your weekend went well. Hoping you are feeling better.
Congratulations to your son on his black belt. What an amazing achievement.
Lindsay
x

TheFitHousewife said...

Mmmm...those recipes sound delish!

Hope you are feeling good today! Love your positive attitude Pennie, it's contagious!

MBC Scrapbooking said...

Wow- you are super-productive even while not feeling 100%! Hope you are doing better today. Have a beautiful night!