Oooo, baby! That was a good party!
And, we had some good food to eat! (Believe it or not, this was BEFORE everything was put out on the table! We had a FEAST!!!! It was fabulous!)
Yesterday was THE BEST DAY I've had in a really long time!!!! I've always wanted to have a Superbowl party, but we haven't had a house big enough to have a big group of people over. And, Superbowls are held in the perfect season...after the busy season of the holidays when there is a lull in activity and things are BORING!!!! Time to liven it up!
Now - this year - Mike has finished off our basement family room, the Packers have made it to the Superbowl (and I live in Wisconsin, so of course I'm a Packer Backer...) and I just happen to have 12 friends that would LOVE to come over for a Superbowl party...how convenient!
Mike was laughing at me...I was totally in my element...and Bridgette was right alongside me...we were two peas in a pod all week...just happily planning this thing! We have green and yellow Fiestaware put the plastic flatware in! We need more cheese! We need to make meatballs AND pulled pork AND bacon wrapped cocktail weenies! We just egged each other on...giggling the whole time. We love a good party!
And then THE PACKERS WIN THE SUPERBOWL!!!!
HOW...PERFECT...IS...THAT?????!!!!!!!
The whole game was amazing! Aaron made fun of me the whole time. The last game, when the Packers made it into the playoffs - Aaron said he was upstairs with his headphones on at his computer and he could hear me from downstairs cheering them on when they made a touchdown...or, when they ALMOST made a good play, and then didn't...
Um....yeah.
I get a little excited.
I may be a little loud.
I blamed it on Mike's friend Ron, who happened to be over that time.
In fact, he was over last night, too - yeah! I think he was the loud one LAST NIGHT, too! Yeah!
Because Aaron said it was pretty loud last night.
Ron is pretty rowdy.
Yeah....Ron.
Not me...because I am probably pretty controlled and quiet.
As far as you know.
;)

10 comments:
lol! I do NOT do sports. THe food? Oh YES!! I'd probably just pull up a chair to the table and then play a board game in the kitchen with anyone else not really there for the game...
I love your family room! So much space!
Looks like lots of fun, and you could have invited all your blogger buddies you have so much space, amazing to think we are miles apart, in different time zones, and yet we are blogging at the same time, have a great week.
I just did a blog about the super bowl too...what a great game!! I scared my furbabies half to death with my screaming and clapping!
Way to go Packers!
Love the pics...What a great selection of food you've got going there. I've had a few parties where, each individual brought a covered dish. All I needed to do was supply the drinks.
Looks like a great party Pennie! It's all about the food ;) So glad the Packers won!
I didn't get a chance to watch the game...someone's gotta watch the 3 little ones and that happens to be me every year! One day they will be into football and then we can have a party!
I don't even like football but I would have loved to come for the food and fun... your excitement makes me smile!!! Hosting is so much fun!! Now if the Olympics were on.... I loved the winter Olympics... I don't really care who wins... I just love watching the skill... and the thrill!! =)
I KNOW!! I never watch football but I was pretty excited yesterday day too. It got a little too intense for me, I thought I might put myself in labor. :) Love all the food you had, because really, that's what a good Super Bowl party is all about anyway. :)
Yah Packers :) I am not that into football but I am glad to hear your team won :)
Your family room looks great!!! It is so spacious and looks so comfy!!!
Awwwww looks like you all had a great time! Glad your Packers won!
I think I need people to put a "food warning" on their posts. Now I'm hungry again. Stupid diet.
Post a Comment