You know how to play (and in the event you don't, click on the icon below and it will take you to Mama M's blog where you'll get the questions and instructions!)...so without further adieu:

1. What is your favorite sign of spring?
My favorite sign of spring is when the snow goes away...and stays away. This won't be happening until after this weekend, from what Ian Leonard (Channel 9 weatherman) says. Sigh.
Please, please, please...show me my favorite sign of spring!!!!
2. What was your best birthday ever?
Two years ago I planned my birthday bash...I asked for what I wanted...and wasn't disappointed. I informed my friends - Michelle and Melissa - that I wanted to see a certain movie as a triple date. So, on my birthday the three of us went out to lunch at my favorite bistro. Then, the next night, we had our hubbies take us to the movie I wanted us all to see, then out for pie and coffee. Oh - and presents! It was a grand couple of days of fun, fun, fun!!!!
3. What is your favorite dessert?
There is this flourless chocolate cake I've had once or twice, with raspberry sauce on top. It's to die for. I've tried to make it myself, with no luck. I had it at my husband's company Christmas party, but they've quit having it at this particular establishment. Darn it!
4. What is the best excuse you've ever used to get out of a ticket?
If you want to get out of a ticket, you have to make 'em laugh. Once you have 'em laughing with you (or at you), you can breathe easy... (Not that I use this tactic often...I've never used this tactic on purpose to get out of a ticket...it has happened to me twice, though...this is the dialogue from one of those times...)
Police Officer: Do you know the speed limit on that road back there?
Me: Oh, this is a blond moment, but I just moved here. (Hitting my head like "I could've had a V-8!") I won't guess...I really don't know the answer...
Police Officer (looking amused): You don't know?
Me: Not really. I was singing along to my kids' Preschool Music tape...
Police Officer (trying to hide a smile): I see...do you know how fast you were going?
Me: I don't know that answer, either...sorry. Too fast, right?
Police Officer (breaking into a smile, then a chuckle): It was a little over. The speed limit is 25 back there, and you were going 35. I'm going to give you a warning, but you need to pay attention on that road.
Me: Thank you so much!
5. Do you wake up before your alarm, with your alarm, or after hitting snooze several times?
Mike's alarm goes off at 5:00, then he reads until 5:15. He's out of the shower and the bathroom exactly at 5:30 (How does he do that? I mean - exactly!) and that's when I'm up...
4 comments:
Nice way to get out of the ticket! Your wake up sounds similar to mine, I'm awake with the alarm, but it's only after my husband's out of the shower that I have to move out of the bed. He's lying there waiting for it to go off, I do not believe in wasting sleep!
LOL! We almost invited the town cop over for dinner when my husband was pulled over and the police took pity on him and just gave him a warning... We were new in town too.
New visitor and new follower here! Come visit me soon! I think you get up too early... uggg!
HAHAHA...love your ticket story! We are getting more snow this weekend too....8 inches in the forecast :( I make a mean flourless chocolate cake Pennie! But I haven't tried the raspberry sauce....I'll add that next time :) Shall I FedEx it to you? ;)
Post a Comment