Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Great Ooey-Gooeys For The UnBetty Crockers!

We're running out of time, girls! I mean it! I didn't have one smidge of my baking done...and I had to bring something for my SAMmy's girls...so I made these:

I got the idea from my bloggy friend Jen at 3 Little Monkeys. She put red and green M&M's in the middle of hers, but my friend Heather puts pecans in the middle and calls hers "Poor Man's Turtles." You just put a Rolo candy on top of a pretzel and put it in the oven on 275 for 3 minutes. Then, press a walnut in the center of the melted Rolo immediately upon taking them out. Easy, peasey!
The only problem is that EVERYONE makes these in my hometown. So, NO STORE has Rolos left - not either grocery store, Walmart or Target. Can you believe it???? Our town is like 10,000 people or something like that. We have hoarded all the Rolos within 20 miles!!!
I did, however, find a multi-pack of Rolos, kisses and peanut-butter cups at Target...2 for $5. So, I bought 4 packages of them. Guess what? There's way more peanut-butter cups and kisses than Rolos!!! Ugh!!!
So, I invented a new Christmas candy:

I did this to use up the rest of the assorted candy from the bags (so I didn't eat it all!). I'll be giving these as gifts in tins. Put mini peanut butter cups on Ritz crackers. Put in oven on 275 for 3 minutes. Take out of oven and immediately top with kisses, pressing down slightly to flatten peanut butter cup. I left one pan in the oven too long - much longer than 3 minutes....not sure how much longer, because I got distracted and forgot to set the timer. Oops! That was not an attractive batch. 3 minutes is definitely non-negotiable. :)
I think I'll call this "Pennie Peanut Butter Nutters". Feel free to spread it around...I think it will catch on. My friends will truly be surprised - especially since it's a recipe I created that actually tastes good!
This is the extent of my baking this year...no stirring or mixing, I'm afraid. I didn't intend for it to happen this way - but it's how it turned out; sticking melted stuff to crackers and pretzels. I guess we're all safer that way, anyhow...

6 comments:

Helga said...

I am seeing these all over the internet...not your version, the Rolo one :) These look so yummy and easy to do! Your brilliant for thinking up the peanut butter cups on Ritz!!!

McVal said...

wOW! Those look good! Way to improvise!

Karen Whittal said...

They look great, I really wish that i was a baker, I love to cook but baking.......... I will just google yours and wish, of course i am hoping you feel sorry for me, and send me some of yours.......... I wish

TheFitHousewife said...

Mmm.....anything tastes good with peanut butter and chocolate! It's great having one recipe that is so easy to make and makes a lot so you can give them away :) Great job on the creativity!

Seizing My Day said...

Oh I love ritz and PBchocolate!! yum! I make those rolo things with cashews!! yummy! ;) I have a batch waiting for me to make.... but life is so busy I have not had a chance! sheesh! love the busy ... hate the busy... ha ha!

Seizing My Day said...

yummy! creative and yummy! perfect combo! I use cashews in my rolo treats!! tasty... I have all the supplies.. just waiting for the time! ;)