It's always fun when Mike does weekend hunting trips, or even 4-day weekend trips because I stay up late and watch my movies, I make stuff for the kids that Mr. Healthy would turn his nose up at, and I spend lots of time lunching and having coffee with friends instead of cleaning, and then I end up frantically scouring the house the day he's due to return. That's always fun. It's like a little vacation for myself - no sense letting him have all the fun!
Well, it's Wednesday. 8 days.
8 days ago Mike left for Colorado to go elk hunting with his buddies. That's a long time. 4 days left.
I've tackled conferences at the high school and middle school alone. I've coordinated all the kids' activities - Middle School youth group, High School youth group, babysitting, Karate 3x/week, Young Naturalists Club, Doodler's Club (I know...I know...).
I've spoiled myself silly - hair appointment with Shelly, an overnight at my mom's, coffee with Michelle, brunch with Robbin and Bonnie, lunch with Melissa, and Friday it's breakfast with Cathy.
I've had evening computer training, SAMmy's, a leader's meeting at my home, and my weekly Thursday Girls get together.
This weekend is a blur of activities while I teach an 8th grade Science class, organize a closet, launder my sweaters (it's getting chillier!), bake, help a friend throw a child's birthday party and try to fit in visiting my sister who will be at my Mom's (who lives an hour away).
It hasn't been boring! I've kept myself busy all this time. But, I've got 4 more days after today before Mike gets home. And I have to admit...I really miss him. He called a few days ago, and it was so good to hear his voice.
So, I'll keep myself busy until he gets back. But I can't wait until Sunday...
5 comments:
I would be a MESS if my hubby left me that many days!! ha ha!! =) I am lucky that he does not go hunting or fishing... or to sports games... he doesn't travel... so nice... I am spoiled... although he does spend alot of screem time at home on his "machines" ~ I have to compete with them for attention! ha ha!! At least you are busy busy!!
I know what you mean about having a mini vacation when the hubby is gone. I, too, scour the house clean the day before he gets back. :)
I hope the next four days go by quickly and that you don't miss him too much!
I would tell mine to take a few more days! lol Sounds like a wonderful vacation!
12 days is a long time for him to be gone!!! I hope the last few days go by fast!
You are always so busy Pennie!!! You need to take it easy for a change :)
Have fun trying to fit a years worth of stuff into a few days lol :o)
At this point in my life, I would kill my hubby if he left for more than 1 day! You know....3 little kids to look after ;) But once they are older, it's nice to have some time to do all the things you want to do. Enjoy!
Post a Comment