Life is about changing plans, isn't it?
Sometimes I wonder why I even make a list.
Take today, for instance. Oh, sure - I got two pies (Apple - Cranberry...to die for!) and one big banana bread and three minis done for the bake sale tomorrow. I have one more pie to go. I would have done more, but there was a change of plans.
As moms, we kind of have to learn to "go with the flow," don't we?
Bridgie came up to me this morning (at 5:45am), after her shower and said, "Mom, I've been a little concerned about this."
Now, this is not my hypochondriac.
She is like me.
She is tough.
The opposite of a hypochondriac.
"A little concerned" is usually a reason to be concerned.
She had a few red bumps on her back.
A rash.
This girl is allergic to everything.
It looked like she was now allergic to laytex.
Shoot. Where would I be buying underclothes?
Before changing out her wardrobe, we'd have to confirm this.
So, we gave the doctor a call.
I LOVE my doctor.
Our doctor.
Bridgette and I.
Her name is Dana.
She doesn't even mind if I slip and call her by her first name.
Love her!
Anyhow, Dana could see us later in the morning.
So, I put Bridgette to work and she cleaned while I baked.
(No sense not putting a child who is home from school and feeling fairly well to work, right?)
We were productive!
Then, off to the doctor's we went to learn that she had a laytex allergy and I'd have to be purchasing all of her underclothes at specialty shops or online or something!
Only, that's not how it went. That's only how I THOUGHT it would go!
Dana took one look at her and said,
"She has shingles."
WHAT???!!!
Is that not an old people's disease?
Apparently not...
But, since she's only had a breakout for one day,
and got medication right away,
she most likely will not get the debilitating pain
that is usually associated with shingles.
That is the thing to be REALLY thankful for.
Thank God I thought she had a laytex allergy and was worried about having to shell out money for a new wardrobe...
or else I may have unknowingly let this go until it was really painful!
I guess as long as she keeps it covered, it's not contagious.
She can go to school and everything.
No precautions.
So, I guess now we have shingles in the house,
and on the house.
7 comments:
Oh poor kiddo! Is she uncomfortable? I hope not. That's a bummer. Well, at least you caught it in time. I hope she gets better soon!
oh I am so sorry to hear B is sick. My brother in law & my neighbor Lisa had this in the summer time.It can be very painful so I am glad you jumped on it right away.Hannah has been home for 2 days this week with an eye infection. Her eye drops dont seem to be working.We actually have been having a lot of fun.I hope the bake sale goes well.
Holy shingles I almost choked on my food when I read that!!! You really should have had a warning not to have a mouth full of food when reading this post LOL!
Poor Bridgette!! I am so glad you guys went to see Dana so early! I hope B is ok and gets rid of those nasty shingles ASAP!!
I have a latex allergy but I can wear clothes with latex in them. Latex gloves make me puff up really big and red....it's ugly and I need medicine right away for it :o( I had to prove it to one doctor because he didn't believe me!
Have a great weekend!
I'm so glad you caught it early too! wow!
Oh my gosh! I hope B is feeling okay and that she gets better soon!
Your bake sale baking sounds delish!
Wow, hope she feels better soon, do they have any idea what would have brought it on?? And your a great mom for catching it so early, I have the 1-10 theory and if the pain is not more than 8 no doctor.........
What... yikes!! I hope she is feeling better quickly with the meds!! Yes... yes we do have to go with the flow, don't we!! my mom got those after chemo... it wasn't pretty... praying for her!!
Post a Comment