I hope you all had a great weekend!!!! I know I did!
Saturday, I had an all-day training session for our SAMmy's leaders. We call it our SALT day. That stands for "SAMmy's Annual Leadership Training." It was great. We had quite a few women from five different SAMmy's locations get together and we put on a great all-day session. I work with a GREAT group of women - let me tell you! And, these ladies are all volunteer...so they put in all these hours of work just because they are passionate about what they do. It's really inspiring. I'm so lucky to be part of this! I kept thinking, "I can't believe that this all started with four women in my living room over 10 years ago." It just blows me away how this whole ministry has grown and other groups have spread to other cities. I come away from there all jazzed up. I love that!
Anyhow, after I got home from that training session, I was hosting a dinner party for my friend Robbin and her hubby. This was our ploy to get them to see our vacation photos on our large screen t.v. (hee hee) They were trapped and couldn't get away! No, actually, they WANTED to see them (or were polite enough to say so). Robbin brought over a salad and an awesome key lime cheesecake to add to our fish fry and fixin's. We had a great night!
Sunday, we took a few of Bridgette's friends tubing in our boat after church. Mike and I were teasing about how we'd have to give Mike valium so he could handle that many teenage girls, but it was really just fine! :) I love this age of girls! (Her friends, anyhow, are quite cute - not snooty or too irritating. They're pretty innocent for their age and just ADORABLE!!!) I wish I would have remembered my camera, so I would have had pictures! But, now that I think of it, I may not have posted a bunch of teenage girls in swimsuits, anyhow...that would be one quick way to lure a bunch of pervs to my blog! Yikes! I hate that our world has come to that. :(
By dinner time, I was SO WIPED OUT!!!! TOO WIPED OUT....I went to bed earlier than I will admit and woke up at 8am this morning. I NEVER wake up at 8am. EVER. I am a 6 or 6:30am in the summer waker upper kinda girl. (During the school year it is 5 or 5:30!)
Okay - that leads me to my next tangent...School! This is our last week before school starts. I want to make this week special. I have a few commitments I have to keep this week, but I'd love to make this week special for the kids. I know their friends are really important to them. What do you do as a "last hurrah" to make the summer special? Bridgette wants to go to the beach with her 3 "besties" this week. I'm thinking of renting some Wii games and maybe doing a family championship (I am the guaranteed LOSER of them all...so, everyone else is bound to come out feeling like a winner!) one night over pizza and ice cream... What do you do? Any ideas?
3 comments:
Oooh fish fry...yum!
So cool, all your plans to end the summer. You make me want my kiddos to be older just so we can have some family fun nights like that! You are quite the hip mom!
I'm glad you had a great weekend! Gosh, I don't have any ideas??? I think your ideas sound awesome!
So much fun at your house!! I want to go tubing! (maybe?)!! I really do wish we were near by each other! ;) We are going to have a sleepover "camping in tents" in the back yard next Sunday night (because I am crazy!) for Abby and Sammy... Abby will have 2 friends... Sammy 1.. and we will pitch our tent in the back and sleep outside! I can not imagine when they are teens what life will be like!! =)
Post a Comment