Friday, August 27, 2010

First 5QF In A LONG TIME...'Bout Time Pennie!



The title of this post says a lot (or, for Marianne...allot). I have not played along with 5QF in a really, really long time. And, I've missed it!!!! So, I'm excited to jump back on the bandwagon! If you want to jump back on with me, head on over to Mama M's by clicking on the icon above and her blog will explain all the rules. We'd love for you to join our blog hop.
So, on with the official 5 Question Friday questions...

1. How many pets do you have?


Just one spoiled Papillon named Angel. Mike let me get her at a weak moment of his. He does not like little dogs. I saw my moment of opportunity and took it. I'm so glad I did. Some day we may get another hunting dog, like we've always had in the past, but this dog is my baby, for sure. Mike doesn't really care for her but I love her to death!
2. If you could switch places with anyone in the world for one day, who would it be?
At first I read this question wrong and thought - I wouldn't give up my life! But, it's only for A DAY....so, let's go for broke...
I'd have to do my research, because I don't know much about celebrities...but I'd pick one that lives in a tropical place, who gets massages and spa treatments the day I get to be her, and who has a personal chef. I would pick a day I'm totally not working - just being pampered. (To heck with work...even if it IS singing or speaking or whatever - I want to relax, for Pete's sake!) I would go shopping that day, and parade around in my new duds, go to a fancy party and eat fancy food and go dancing - because I never get to go dancing...Mike hates to dance! And, I would look fabulous - and have rock hard abs...like Jen, the workout video diva (from 3 Little Monkeys)... I certainly don't have them in THIS life!

3. What is your favorite money saving tip?
Oh, I'm going to bend the rules and give you TWO favorite tips...BONUS!!!
1.  Thrift sales (or, you may call them garage sales, tag sales, rummage sales - whatever you say in your neck of the woods!). I just went with my girlie friends Jocelyn and Megan this morning and their brood of kiddos this morning and got a like-new pair of Gap cuffed jeans - CUTE - for $2.50 and three books (two were for my 14 year old...he reads like a maniac and keeping him in books is near impossible!) for a total of $1.00 for the three of them!
Oh - and I also this cool pastry and pizza roller like my friend Jen (of Oils for Wellness fame) uses to make her pie crusts.
I got it for $1 and I figure if I use the same tool as Jen, maybe I can make super-awesome apple pies like her...
2. Target  I'm excited because our town's Target is finally upgrading their Target to include a bunch of groceries. It's not quite a "SUPERTARGET" caliber, but it will have a bunch of fresh produce & stuff. It's not big enough to be called SUPERTARGET, though. Anyhow...with Target, you can use Target coupons PLUS manufacturer's coupons for like items - and if those same items are on sale that week - BONUS...that equals super cheap. I also look in their Sunday flier and see sometimes they offer gift cards if you purchase certain quantities of particular items. You can save a lot at Target, if you watch for those kind of things. Target rocks!


4. What do you want your kids to be when they grow up?
I want my kids to to have a strong faith in Jesus. I believe that strong faith can see a person through so much, and I want that for them. I want them to have access to that kind of confidence and joy. I want to know that they are walking in the Truth.


5. What is your favorite quote?

One that comes to mind is one that is on Kris Ann's (from Moms On Fire) website. It's by John Wesley. "Catch on fire with enthusiasm and people will come from miles to watch you burn." Isn't that cool?

That was so much fun! I hope you check out Mama M's blog and join in the blog hop! If you don't have a blog, please leave your answers in the comment section. (Either way, comment please. I love to read your comments!)

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Jennie said...

I think that quote is going in my little Quote Collections book. Have a great weekend!

Laura said...

I love your answer to #2, smart! :)

I never liked garage sales until the past few years and now I love them! You can seriously find some great stuff at those things. Hudson ones coming soon...you going?? :)