Bridgette and I have a girlie day today. (Hunting season...) I was SO EXCITED to try out the cake pop recipe!
I bought red velvet cake mix and buttercream frosting. WHIPPED FROSTING...which I just read in the Cake Pops cookbook was a NO NO...so I had to whip up some homemade frosting. GRrrrrrr.... Figures.
I made a stop at Michael's earlier in the week and bought all the supplies. THEN I reread the recipe after I decided that I wanted to make these cute cupcake cake BALLS, not cake POPS - the balls require me to have a squeeze bottle, which looks like a ketchup squeeze bottle. So, Bridge and I went to Michael's again. I returned a peanut butter cup candy mold that of COURSE I could have used later today, because I cracked mine today while using the mold I bought earlier, but oh, well...
All in all, Bridge and I had so much fun! Here's a picture of my pretty little helper, who helped decorate my little cupcakes. I love my daughter.
Some of the cupcakes looked pretty lame. We laughed all afternoon! They were a little bit more difficult than we had anticipated. We want to try the cake pops next...and maybe some bon bons. We can totally see these being a hit at our SAMmy's bake sale. (another thing Bridgie helps me with...) I'm so lucky to have a daughter who is a willing partner in my projects! We have so much fun, and lots of plans for the next few months while the boys have their hunting weekends scheduled!
Here's a close-up of one of the cupcakes. The bottom is a dark chocolate cupcake "liner", the middle is red a velvet cake mixed with vanilla frosting to make a bon-bon, the top is vanilla flavored pink candy melts with sprinkles and an M&M for a "cherry." :)
I haven't tasted them yet. Because of my meds, I don't have much of an appetite, and sweets kind of disgust me. (Can you trust a cook that doesn't eat her own creations?) They sound sickening sweet to me. Bridgette assures me they're good. :) I was really going for pretty, anyhow. I really just want them to be marketable for bake sales! And, for them to be cute gifts for Christmas and Valentine's Day. I make a lot of that stuff for entertaining and appreciation gifts.
7 comments:
LOL, I was going to do cake pops for Aleah's snack day last week for kindergarten but opted for the gummy worm dirt pudding cup instead. I figured I'd do the cake pops for her birthday in October (9th) so you should do it before then and then give me tips!
I love the picture of your helper!! ;) They are harder than they look! he he!! I wanted to make the cupcake ones too... we tried the cupcake pops... SO HARD! *sigh*
Abby and I had 3 trial runs of owls before her party... they ended up happy girls at the end of the party... proud of their creations... but we are still beginners!! ;)
next up is pumpkins! after a cake pop break! ;)
I keep using too much frosting... makes them fall off the sticks more... but they are still oh so yummy... sweet... yes... one is plenty!! ;)
I wish we could make them together... with our girls!! ;)
Bridgette is so pretty!! I love this picture of her :o) I really wish I had a little girl who loved to do all these kinds of things with me.....Markus makes up for that though because he loves to help in the kitchen :)
These cake pops/balls look pretty cool!! My kids would be loving these.
Have fun with your Mom today!
I'll take some of them, they look delicious! :) What a fun girls day for you two and Bridgette is so pretty! I look forward to those time when the boys are out hunting and us girls get to do fun girly things, I love that you had so much fun and laughed so much together.
Hey, I met some of your SAMmy girls at MOPS last week they are SO sweet! :)
They look yoummy to me! I'm going to attempt to make some again for my party next saturday.
Oh they look so cute! Yum!
Your little girl looks like she is quite the good little helper!
Love to cook, a three course meal no problem but bake........ just not for me. I love doing things with my daughters, it really just does deepen then bond...... and I am sure she is just as great as her mom.
Post a Comment