Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Grocery Game and Rebellious Flip Flop Wearing

Yesterday was our SAMmy's kick-off brunch....so fun. I saw a couple of the gals with cameras...of course I forgot mine. I had too much on my mind! It all turned out SO WELL!
And, our grocery game was a huge hit! The Leadership Team collected grocery items over the summer. We had a total of 26 items - Some more expensive items like an 8 pack of Bounty Paper Towels and Tide Laundry Detergent, and then some less expensive like canned goods, Mac N' Cheese and taco seasoning. We had the women guess the retail prices that we obtained from the two major grocery stores in town. (They couldn't go over the price, and had to be within a dime of the retail price.) We told them there was a prize, but didn't tell them what it was. The two winners won the groceries - 13 items each! It was a huge hit! The women were often amazed at the actual retail prices and patted themselves on the back for their own bargain hunting and for using coupons. They often remarked, "I'd NEVER pay that!" It was a hoot!
*****
Well, the beginning of SAMmy's officially kicks off autumn for me. I know, I know...it's not "officially" autumn for a few days yet, but in my book (my planner, to be exact) it is. And, here in Wisconsin we've got the weather to prove it! But, I'm digging in my heels.

Well, I'm digging in my heels as best as I can while wearing flip flops. Yes, folks, I am rebelliously wearing flip flops in 55 degree weather. (But I AM wearing a fleece!) I guess sooner or later I'm going to have to drag out my winter shoes. Sigh. But, until I decide to come out of this land of denial (you should join me, it's beautiful here!), flip flops it is!

6 comments:

Shelly Rude said...

The game sounds really fun.
I will join you in the flip flop frenzy! My favorite is wearing jeans, sweatshirt & flip flops. Love Love Love Fall.Hope to see you soon.

Heather said...

I should have broken my work shoes out about a week before I did. That first week of blisters after barefooting it (...oh who am I kidding...we don't do that here...fire ants.) all summer was brutal.

Seizing My Day said...

I wish I lived close enough to come to Sammys!! ;) of course it would confuse my hubby to no end saying Sammys for a bible study when my son shares the name!! he he

I am still wearing my flip flops too!! in the rain even! if I am out for more than errands I use my shoes or boots(ugh) but for errands in and out of the car... grocery store ... which I am about to go to at 7:30 pm in the Pouring RAIN! in flip flops!! I am with you Pennie!!

Seizing My Day said...

I wish I lived close enough to come to Sammys!! ;) of course it would confuse my hubby to no end saying Sammys for a bible study when my son shares the name!! he he

I am still wearing my flip flops too!! in the rain even! if I am out for more than errands I use my shoes or boots(ugh) but for errands in and out of the car... grocery store ... which I am about to go to at 7:30 pm in the Pouring RAIN! in flip flops!! I am with you Pennie!!

CM said...

Oh, I'm so glad your kick-off brunch went so well!

Hey, I didn't realize you were in WI, I'm in MN! :-)

Anonymous said...

Great post there, I like your post it is so interesting. Keep up the good post.

zbsports