Who likes going to the doctor?
Well...it depends. Which doctor are we talking about? The neurologist, G.P. or the slew of other specialists I get to have?
Last night I had a major scare that turned out to be a false alarm...
Whew! But, it rendered a call to the Nurse Triage Line and they paged a doctor to call me back...they even thought it may be serious!
So...I really wasn't over-reacting. (When you have M.S., so many things can happen that are just "normal" symptoms that could be really serious if they aren't M.S. related!)
The doctor told me I didn't need to go to E.R., but when she found out who my G.P. was, she said I better call the clinic right away at 7:30am, when it opens (she saves a few hours in the morning for call-ins) because she fills up right away.
I know she's right...from experience.
She's got a reputation. Bridgette and I were lucky enough to be two of her last patients, before she quit taking new patients.
Several of my friends have her as their doctor.
All of us who have her love, love, love her!!!
I went into the appointment feeling a little overwhelmed. I left feeling like I had just had a great visit with a good friend and been reassured that I had a great support system, herself included.
I had to leave a urine sample and she said that she wouldn't make me wait for the results, she would call me with them as soon as they were finished...and she took both my home and cell...and called me a few hours later. She ALWAYS follows through...unlike other doctors I work with.
She looked at me (and I haven't seen her in MONTHS) and before even looking at my chart said, "Pennie, you've lost weight. Is that a side effect of your meds or the nerves from what you've been going through?" And then we talked things over. What doctor takes time - or even REMEMBERS you, for that matter? I guess that's the difference - she makes me feel like I matter.
That happens every time I go! I love that! I've never had a doctor like that...and I've moved MANY times! She's amazing!
So, I had to go to the doctor today...but it was a good thing.
P.S. - My test came back normal. I freaked out for nothing. Oops.
2 comments:
Praise God for the good results and for having such an amazing Dr.
So glad the tests came back normal and that everything is ok. And it's always a blessing to have a doctor like that. So glad He brought you to her. :)
Post a Comment