Last April I was diagnosed with MS. Even though I was just coming out of a flare up, Bridgette and I joined the MS Walk that our town hosted (how convenient!) a few weeks later. Little did I know, a couple of my friends were surprising me at the starting line! I wasn't very strong and couldn't make it the whole way. (Heather wasn't too broken up about the shortened trek...in fact, she was relieved! She was 9 months pregnant!) :)
This year, we're forming a team, with my dear friend Heather as team captain. Nobody on the team is pregnant that I know of (lol) and so we're going to walk the whole 5K! Last year, Bridgette thought up the name "Pennies From Heaven," so we're using that as our team name. We plan on getting t-shirts made up and everything!
Many people - doctors and scientists included - believe that the cure for Multiple Sclerosis is likely to be found in my lifetime...with the proper funding for research. That's why I'm collecting donations and walking in the MS Walk this year. I figure I'd ask everyone for donations, because I obviously have a vested interest in this cause. If you'd like to donate (no pressure...seriously!) :) you can click on the following link. A gift of any amount, no matter how small or large would be appreciated! All donations are tax deductible, so if you email me your address, I can certainly send you a receipt you can use when you file this year's taxes. If I did this techie thing right, click on this link and it will take you to my pledge page:
Pledge Page
If I did it wrong, you'll have to go to www.walkms.org and figure out how to enter my name (Pennie Bixler) and go from there...and, my apologies in advance! :) Thanks so much!
If you can't donate, no worries! But think of me on May 1st. :)

4 comments:
I love that team name!! I dearly hope they find a cure in our lifetime. My best friend would be thrilled! Not only does she have MS, she has Scleraderma too. If she can lick one of them, that would be awesome.
Thanks, Val! You're awesome! ;)
Pennies from Heaven...love it! I totally want to donate...I just have to check to see if they accept Canadian donations!
Thanks, Jen for your donation!!! Love my bloggy buddies - both donations on-line so far are from my bloggy buddies! How cool IS THAT???
Post a Comment