The McLinky challenge this week was to put up a post with a "feel good" theme - a picture, an inspirational quote - whatever.
Well, this is a picture of my daughter - cleaning her room. It's not the greatest quality photo, but the story behind it makes me smile. She started out in jeans and a t-shirt. Every time I opened the door, she had a different outfit on (and the room was no cleaner!). Once, she was paging through a photo album. This time, she had made a newspaper pirate hat, and was clipping on some jewelry - and was wearing pajamas!
Fast forward to the present time and you'll find this little girl in Middle School, wearing make-up and still concerned with her outfits. But, she's just as charming...and, still as pokey about cleaning her room, I'm afraid!
I thank God for my children...I'm so blessed! I hope this story and this picture makes YOU feel good!

5 comments:
That's a cute story! My daughter just turned three and she can't keep the same outfit on for a full day. She goes to play in her room and comes out dressed differently. :)
I'm 24 and I am pretty sure I do the exact same thing when cleaning my room... :)
What a cute picture...and loved the story...Just out blog hopping on this rainy night. Enjoyed reading yours...Hope you will stop by my Christmas blog and leave your favorite Christmas song...and enter a great giveaway.
http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com
That story cracked me up. My middle daughter was and is still, exactly like that. She is married with 3 kids and cleaning house with her will make you go crazy. She gets stuck at a magazine that needs to be put away, or she picks up one hair clip that needs to be put away and decides to sort the whole drawer, or she puts the groceries away and sees the cake mix and decides to make a cake ...It goes on and on and then in the end the house never gets cleaned. Yikes - But she does have an amazing imagination and is very creative. God always gives us trade offs to make it all work for good. Funny.
That was adorable!!! Thank you for the link...and yes, I'd say she suffers from ADCD, too!! Love it!
Post a Comment