Friday, September 18, 2009

Organizing Frenzy

This has been a crazy, crazy week! I've been REALLY BUSY - how 'bout you?

I guess it's for the best...my hubby's been in Philadelphia for the week, and being busy makes the time go by that much quicker! Monday through Thursday I had meetings and appointments galore, so today I had to race against time to get all of my housework done. I was up until almost midnight doing my ironing!

In the process of all my busyness this week, I got Bridgette's closet organized. This is no small feat. I wish I would have taken "before" pictures, however I probably would have been too embarrassed to actually post them. She puts all of her clothes in her closet - she has a little antique bureau, but she uses it for her hair and make-up things, hats and accessories - so, organizing her clothes has always been a problem. She had a much bigger closet in Eau Claire.

Here's our photo diary of the finished product:
This is the closet - all decked out. It has NEVER looked so clean!

Yesterday, I went thrift saling and found these two amazing shelves (they work great, don't they?) for a whopping COMBINED total of $12!!! I just love a good bargain!


This great shoe rack/hamper came courtesy of my Mom - she was going to get rid of it a couple of years ago! Thanks, Mom!


This yellow shelf on top came with another like it with a few drawers. I bought them at a thrift sale in Eau Claire about eight or nine years ago - they were a putty pink color - U-G-L-Y! I painted them yellow, along with a desk, table and chairs (for my then four year old daughter) for her room. I then found some plastic placemats that had colored daisies on them. I cut out the daisies and rubber cemented them on to the drawers of the desk, the backs of the chairs, the table and the drawers of these shelves. I sold the table and chairs at a thrift sale many years ago and just recently sold the desk. I think Bridgette will take these shelves with her to college - they are pretty versatile!

See the plastic flowers on the drawers? They were cut from placemats! This shelf and the one on the top shelf of her closet have been set horizontally and vertically apart, and side by side in so many variations. They have been used for window seats, night tables, a reading corner bookshelf, a karaoke machine station...I can't even remember them all!
Well, now I'm off to put the vacuum away and freshen up. I just got word that Mike's plan is delayed. Sigh. Who knows how long, but I can't wait for my hubby to get home! I hope you all have a great weekend!

No comments: