Yesterday, Cathy and I went with Kris Ann to Blaine, MN to hear her speak at their MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) meeting. She did an EXCELLENT job (which I knew she would, of course - anyone who heard her at the SAMmy's retreat last year could have guessed that, right?). It was just so nice, after a killer of a week, to have a morning of girlfriend time. Thanks, Cath and Kris Ann. I enjoyed myself so much! (And Xander was such a good conversationalist, too!) Hearing Kris Ann speak, I was just so proud! It's not like I have anything to do with the fact that she's a speaker, now - but just the fact that I'm a speaker, and Cathy's a speaker, and Kris Ann's a speaker...and we all kind of discovered that through God and SAMmy's - there was this moment of pride (in a good way) and of a connection while she spoke - like we were all part of something big - but in this together. It was really a special moment.
And, now, this morning, my thoughts turn to this Wednesday - my SAMmy's group's kick-off brunch here in Hudson, WI. This year, I really feel like this is going to be a great year, and I'm meeting it with anticipation and excitement. I cannot wait to see all my SAMmy's friends from last year, and have an equal amount of excitement to meet the new friends I have "met" through email and phone calls who have RSVP'd to let me know they are coming. I am so blessed to be able to be a part of this group. I hope you find a SAMmy's group in your area to be a part of. If you don't have one and would like to start one, clear it with your church leadership and then please contact me through the SAMmy's website www.strengthamongmomsministry.com . I'd love to talk to you about it. It's a great way to spread God's Word and make lifelong, genuine, lasting friendships. Every mom should get the chance to belong to something like that.
3 comments:
THANK YOU for joining me!!
And you SHOULD feel proud! SAMmy's has provided for me a regular time to meet with other women, to learn from God through THEM and through YOUR lessons, to put down deep roots, to produce spiritual fruit, to discover who I am in Him - and to discover that in spite of my crazy nerves, I can speak - better yet, that He can speak THROUGH me - and that at the end of the day, nothing is more satisfying or fulfilling to me than that. Nothing!
I am thankful beyond words for your obedience in birthing SAMmy's and raising it up as you have.
Yes - you OUGHTTA be proud. :-) You've been such a good "mommy".
PS - A gal that I met this summer as a visitor to my home church, just contacted me via Facebook inquiring about SAMmy's. She is from Onalaska. I directed her your way. Would you like me to do anything further?
KA-
She contacted me! I gave her some info and hopefully she will start a group out there! Wouldn't that be great????
I had a really great time last Friday. Wish I lived closer...but it's great to meet up once in a while. :)
I love ya', Kris Ann!
Post a Comment