Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A NEW SAMMY'S SEASON

I am completely worn out - drained...but utterly satisfied. I've been running on adrenaline all day. The past few weeks, our SAMmy's leadership team has been scheming and planning for today - our Kick-Off Brunch. I've been mailing out invitations, and planning the agenda, and we've been working as a team to get the decorations made (some of us more than others...Michelle and I rely VERY MUCH on Melissa's flair for all things crafty). But, we've all been busy. Very busy. The last few nights, I've been up late getting things done, and when I fall into bed exhausted, I cannot sleep because my mind is occupied with things I should do, things I could do, and my heart begins to pray myself to sleep.

Today, at our SAMmy's brunch, it was so good to see so many new faces and so many faces we recognize from last year. I have a good feeling about this year - I'm excited to teach about the parables and I cannot wait to get to know my new small group!

But, after all this work, and all this excitement, my focus right now is a good sit in my favorite leather chair (I'm exhausted!), with my feet up on the ottoman and a good cup of coffee. I'm waiting for Cathy to get her hair done (she's at the Salon) and give me a call to tell me about her SAMmy's Kick-Off Brunch.

The cast of "Momarella" - Melissa (The Fairy Godmother Neighbor), Pennie (Narrator) and Michelle (Momarella)
Also known as SAMmy's-Hudson Leadership Team
We had a pretty good turn-out! I can't wait to get started next week as we begin our regular format.

As always, the brunch food was DELICIOUS!
If any of you do not currently go to a SAMmy's group, and would like to - check out www.strengthamongmomsministry.com to see if there's one in your area. If there isn't, maybe you'd consider starting one in your area?
If you live in the Hudson, Wisconsin area, we meet at Faith Community Church (777 Carmichael Road) most Wednesdays 9:30-11:00am. Join us!

No comments: