Tuesday, November 29, 2011

All I Want for Christmas Is...

I usually don't KNOW what I want for Christmas. Yes, I am that spoiled. But, this year, I KNOW. Oh, yes, I do! I want this:

Yep. That's the one! I don't want the Kindle Fire...it may have a colored screen and be able to run movies and everything, but there's a glare on the screen, and I get migraines...no can do. I want it so I can download BOOKS to READ...not movies. The anti-glare screen is AWESOME. Trust me...I've researched this. Extensively.
Since Mike has informed me that I got him a deer stand for Christmas (I guess Christmas shopping for him is going to be easy this year!) oh - and also a GPS for his car - I conned him into getting me this Kindle last Sunday....and I've given it a test-run already. I haven't purchased any books, yet, though...I'll save something for Christmas, I guess.
Aaron is my avid reader and he doesn't know it, yet, but he's getting one of these babies, too, for Christmas. He was trying not to show how jealous he was of my "toy" when I was dinking around with it. Tee, hee. :)
I had to purchase most of my Christmas gifts to give out to all of my nieces and nephews over the Thanksgiving holiday, because we are not traveling "home" for Christmas. (Aaron is having major shoulder surgery on December 23rd to reattach ligaments he tore completely off the bone when he fell against a 4-wheeler when carrying in groceries for me. Ouch! He needs a week to recover before going back to school. So, we can't travel. Our first Christmas at home...by ourselves. Ever.)
So...what do you want for Christmas???? And, what is the best gift you are giving this year?

7 comments:

McVal said...

I hope you get it!!! We gave my husband one for Father's Day last year and he LOVED it until someone stepped on it. Now my daughter wants one for Christmas.
For me... My family keeps asking...
1) the Burda subscription renewed.
2) a bunch of spoons from Sam's Club because too many have gotten roughed up from the garbage disposal.
3) good kids... but that's just a pipe dream.
I'm sewing and baking as much as possible for all the Christmas presents. However for our immediate family, besides sewn gifts, we looking at some practical things and some items they really want.

Kami said...

I love that you got a kindle! I have the basic kindle (with wireless capabilities and nothing else fancy beyond that) and I really love it! You will find that Amazon has a huge list of free books, as does Google. They will keep you busy for awhile! :)

My gift this year was my kitchenaid mixer! I'm SO thrilled to have it. My birthday is the day after Christmas, so this is a combined Christmas and Birthday gift (because we definitely don't spend that kind of money on Christmas gifts!). I'm still uncertain what I'm giving this year ... :)

Liz Mays said...

I'm not sure I would have known to check on the glare. You're so smart! You guys are so lucky over there. Woohoo!

Chell said...

1) Enjoy your Christmas and family time. Take advantage of the situation!
2) I totally stole my "present" already - a new cell phone/android.
3) I can't wait to see my daughter's face when she finally gets the Jacket she has been begging for - for two years! LOL

TheFitHousewife said...

That's a great gift! I have a Kindle and love it, but a touch one would be even better!
I have no idea what I want for Christmas. I was thinking a new and updated cappuccino machine but the one I have works just fine. Maybe a new camera lens? Hmmmm....decisions, decisions ;)

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for writing about this. I had been looking at ereaders and wanted a kindle but didn't realize they had a touch screen eink reader. Thank you so much for writing about this, now I know what I'm putting on my list. :)

heritagemom said...

That's great that you got this! I haven't researched e-readers yet; I do like the feel of a real book in my hands. But the future is coming, isn't it? :)

Christine