Tuesday, November 15, 2011

A Spoon Full of Sugar...

Last weekend was a BLAST! It's been many, many months...maybe a year that my friend Melissa has been after me to introduce her to my friend Amy. They are both foodies. MEGA-foodies. Amy is the owner of Amy's at Woodhaven, a great cooking school that sits right on her property that was originally a bed-and-breakfast with a restaurant next door...now it's her private residence and a cooking school with tables in the back room.
Her residence is right behind my Trailblazer there, and the cooking school is that building on the right. Very cool!
We made Three cheese ravioli. Here's a pic of me with my fingers in the dough...gotta keep your fingers in there, according to Amy!

Now, I'm not a cook or a baker by nature, but the reason I brought my friend Melissa for the weekend was because she is a cake/pie/cupcake maker for a place in town. She started out with a business on her own (she still does that on the side), and then worked at a chocolate shop downtown (still does that, too). The chocolate shop just moved two doors down to a bigger shop and the owner bought her some ovens and baking stuff so they can start offering baked goods - featuring her stuff! EXCITING! So...I knew Amy and Melissa would hit it off right away...and I was right.

But, poor Melissa got stuck with me for a partner the night of the cooking class...
We had fun, though...

...because I may not be great at cooking, but I am good for a few laughs! ;) And, catching angel hair pasta is pretty fun! (It feels really cool!)

Now, Melissa and I both want pasta making attachments for our Kitchenaid mixers for Christmas. Sigh.

6 comments:

jules said...

That sounds like a lot of fun. I've never taken a cooking class but I really should....

TheFitHousewife said...

Looks like so much fun. I would love to take cooking class!

Anonymous said...

Sounds and looks like fun. :)

Seizing My Day said...

That sounds like SO much fun!! What a beautiful house too! I love cooking & baking... I dream of taking classes... but just for fun... well.. maybe i'd write a cook book one day... no food retail though! only now I have to do it gluten free... kinda stinks!! missing my friends like you in the land of blog these days... I am working part time now, home schoolin and over load on soccer this year... anyway... I will keep coming around as much as I can ... stay in touch!

heritagemom said...

How fun! Sounds like you had a great time. I've made pasta before--it's a lot of work!

Liz Mays said...

I love the setting of her home and school. Very fun that you got to do that!