Happy Mother's Day to all of you! Mother's Day is right around the corner. What are you after this Mother's Day? What is your ideal Mother's Day gift? Sure, there are the beautiful hand-made cards from our little ones, and the gifts from our husbands...but what things do we really want...the things we don't say...the things money can't buy?
You know what I really want? (If you were listening to WWIB last Monday, you know the answer...I spilled it on our broadcast...) I want words. Lots of 'em.
My dream Mother's Day would be a day filled with words of affirmation and lots of great conversation with my family, discussing everything under the sun - feelings, dreams, goals, ideas...everything edifying that would build us up as a family unit or as a couple...some with the children, some intimate private conversation that flows smoothly between my husband and I. Probably over a good cup(s)/pot(s) of coffee and of course some goody that is amazingly fat free but delicious (heck, it's my fantasy, let me tell it MY way!).
In reality, we are doing something pretty nice, so I can't really complain. I love animals, so Mike is taking us to the zoo, which is what I requested. I've never been to the zoo in this neck of the woods. Maybe my dream date of conversation will take place there...I hope they have a Starbuck's at Como Zoo!
Happy Mother's Day my dear friends! I hope all of your Mother's Day wishes come true...what are YOU wishing for that money can't buy?
1 comment:
My dream Mother's Day would be to have my mother sitting in the living room with me visiting over a cup of coffee. She passed away over twenty years ago, yet on Mother's Day and everyday she is with me in my heart. On this special day take time to remember the mothers who are no longer with us and acknowledge all the special gifts mothers give their families. Money can't buy the unconditional love mothers give everyday. So share a hug and time with all the mothers in your life. Savor those moments. Happy Mother's Day Pennie. Hope you have a terrific day at the zoo. See you Monday at Starbuck's!
Post a Comment